2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the heck is the big white building in Anahuac on a big mound of dirt?
Went down to Oak Island to eat, and it was closed so we eat at a mexican food place. On the way we passed by this big white house? and several other buildings, one looked like a small church.
When you go in to Ahahua and turn left right and follow that road they will be on the right side near the bay.

·
Registered
80 Posts
George and Laura Pontikes own the compound. Greek Orthodox. Nice people.
General Contractor, Houston

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
That is George Pontikes JR.. I went to high school with his Daddy...Geo. SR..better known as 'The Greek'. (he loved that nickname.) 'Greek' was one helluva athlete at Lamar High (lettered in basketball and football)...and later at Rice Univ (football) back when Rice was winning the SW Conference under Jess Neely.. Greek eloped with one of Glenn McCarthy's daughters (Glenna). Word was that Glenn wasn't too happy with that.. LOL.

He was one of the nicest men God ever put on this earth.. Glad to see his son carried on in the family tradition of builders...but on a much larger scale...Lost the Greek about five years ago...Good people

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...AIBAJ&sjid=p3EFAAAAIBAJ&pg=2911,6260063&hl=en

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
^ you probably went to high school with my grandfather too. LOL

He graduated from Lamar
1948 , Shawn...We wuz a football 'POWER' back in them days..We were known as being
located on "the only street in Houston with a Country Club on BOTH ends"...
Lamar on one end...and River Oaks CC on the other.:rotfl:

Dunno about yore Grandpaw...pretty sure I would remember ANYBODY with YOUR last name...:rotfl:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts