2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I signed up on the "Do not call list" for cell phones. Now it's worse than before! I month ago I signed up after a call or two. now all the sudden I'm getting ten a day! EEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR! Just annoying I tell ya. If I had to pay the bill I'd really be mad! Anyone have any ideas on how to stop them. I have to answer all calls on this phone do to the job, but dang! I get tired of listening to machines! Piddle farts! :eek:hwell:

Reactions: Melon

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Someone is trying to tell you that you won a 2 week vacation in Costa Rica with all the food you can eat included. Now answer it, I heard Dux wants to go too.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I think that "Do Not Call List" thing that has been going around on the net is a scam. You call the number thinking you are stopping them, i think they are recording your number so they can call you!!!!!

·
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LouieB said:
Someone is trying to tell you that you won a 2 week vacation in Costa Rica with all the food you can eat included. Now answer it, I heard Dux wants to go too.
I wish! That is if Dux can't go!

Redfox217 said:
I think that "Do Not Call List" thing that has been going around on the net is a scam. You call the number thinking you are stopping them, i think they are recording your number so they can call you!!!!!
That's what I'm starting to think. eeeerrrrrrr!

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
they are lonely and just want someone to talk to. Spout, your special, thats why they picked you. i told them that if you would talk to... (fill in the blank)..., that you would talk to anybody. HAHA

·
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I ain't scared! I decided to talk to the last one. I think when I finished with the poor yankee she's going to remove me from the List! Not sure why she wouldn't give me her Number though. hehehehe,,,,, heck this could turn out to be a fun thing after all. Come on next one. Heck that's sad when you start liking those puters to call ya. Does that mean I'm becoming a computer geek! LOL

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
I can't understand this for the life of me..... don't the companies that call you trying to sell some **** no one really wants anyway realize that if someone takes the time... to put their number on a list SPECIFICALLY to stop telemarketers, that the chance of one of the people buying something has to be atronomical?

it seems like the "do not call" list would be a telemarketers best friend.... you eleminate the people that really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really hate you.

maybe I'm just stupid though....

·
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You have to remember today society. most people have no common sense and are freaking idiots to what happens in the real world!

·
Registered
30,679 Posts
if you ever call 1-800 numbers on your cell phone (or, any phone), your phone number goes into a central data registry that is for sale to anyone who wants to pay for the information. if i need to call an 800 number, i go to a pay phone. you even get your quarter back when you're done. i don't think i've ever received a solicitous phone call on my cell phone.

·
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well that new info that I sure didn't know. I must be on every list in the nation then. LOLh well, I just wish I could call them back. I get thir # off the phone , try to call them back. It won't let me though, eeeeerrrrrr! I going to make a list to call after midnight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts