2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Stone cold country by the grace of God
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to get a pair of Costa Permit 580G green mirrors. What other sunglasses should I check out before I make this purchase? I've checked out Maui Jims, but are they really any better than costa or oakleys? Open to any suggestions.

Thanks,
Clint

·
Registered
967 Posts
Couldn't imagine any other sunglasses, other than my Costa Faintail 580's. I've had all the Rayban's / Oakleys, and hands down, Costa's are far superior IMHO.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
I have had many pairs of Costas through the years. I currently have the Grand Isles and they are my favorites so far.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I have experience with CDM, Oakley, Revo and a few others and in my opinion CDM is the best. My current go to is the Zane 580Gs green mirror.

·
Banned
10,421 Posts
Get the Costas dood. I have a few pair and never buy anything else. What I meant was every time someone brings this up there's always a peepee match. Kinda like truck brands and cat vs mono!
Seeing HWs post I do have several pair of the magellans stored on the boat for when dummies like me forget to bring the costas offshore. It's happened more than once.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I wear Maui Jim's everyday and when I golf and stuff, but I always put on my 580 greens when I fish there's nothing better in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
All are good sunglasses, just buy what you like look cool and chill.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Maui Jims > Costas. Much better construction and since Costa blew up with marketing to the frat crowd, etc their quality and service has declined, IMO

I pulled the trigger on Maui's with Rx lenses 18 months ago and it has been a complete game changer.

·
The Lord Loves a Drinking Man
1,197 Posts
I keep a backup pair of costas and wear my maui jims now. Got sold on them at the hotel in Maui and haven't put my costas on since.

·
shake and bake
7,801 Posts
Smith optics only.
I like Smith Optics too. The resolution is very good, price is right and they fit my big fat head. :D Only thing I didn't like is the rubber piece on the leg. Felt like they were digging in real hard after wearing them all day.

Finally found a pair of Costas that fit in 580 green and they weren't that much more than the Smiths.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I've owned costas, mauis, oakleys, everything. I wear my Costas all the time, they are the best in my opinion. Occasionally i'll wear my maui's when I drive, I think they are second to Costas.

·
Wishin I was Fishin
2,223 Posts
all of them are good, people will say i broke my costas in a week, well if you freakin sit on then and treat them like they are made of steal, they will break. Yes the elnses will crack if you throw them around like a rag doll. Costas, by far are the best, just take care of them and they will last a long time. I have 3 pairs and have not had one issue with any of them. Thee guys saying they broke 3 pairs and ****, just too rough on sunglasses period

1 - 20 of 35 Posts