2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a Avet 4/0 wide loaded with 80 lb. Power Pro and 80 lb. Suffix top shot. I want to mount it on a top notch rod. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
if you go the chaos route, just know that you can have them custom wrap different colors for something like $20 extra and they will put lettering on it too, for your name or boat name.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Just went thru the same consideration, for the same application, and I too picked the Chaos, but I went with the ECA 50-100. I was told the rollers were very tight, so should not be a problem with 100lb powerpro specta. Argo, was I told wrong? Why do you like the all non roller version better?

I custom ordered mine in silver thread with aluminum butt (to match an Avet I hope to get by end of year), and it was extra $30 I believe. I talked to Luis and he was very helpful IMO. I have not received it yet; was told it would be about 6 weeks.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I put my 4/0W-02 on a STA 50-100 Chaos and loaded it with 130#hollow JB. Fished short topshots for tuna chunking and straight to the leader for bottom fishing.

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
If you never have a problem then you made the right choice. I have had powerpro go behind a spool on a reel before and that is pretty tight too. You can get a frayed guide and cut it just as easily I guess. Just my own comfort level and I dont use it as a trolling rod either, just for when on the drift or bottom fishing.

·
The Jammer
3,594 Posts
Argo,

I have two ECA 50-100's coming in tomorrow. I'm putting KG-15's with 500 yards of 100# power pro for AJ's and grouper. How do you like them?

I have about 8 other chaos rods, and love every one of them.

THE JAMMER
Argo said:
http://www.chaosfishing.com/rods_details2.asp?prod_id=107

Chaos ECL 50-100(non roller version) is what I would pick with the spectra. I have a few of the ECA 50-100(roller tip/stripper version) but that is for my 50W with all mono for trolling. I have my 4/0 for bottom fishing/general purpose fishing/chunking with 80lb power pro and the non roller version is the way to go.

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
I love all of them. No problem with the guides yet. We ordered the rods the same time at the Htown boatshow last year. I plan to order 4-5 more this year to finish off the collection, they give free color wraps and names when you order at the boatshow.

·
Banned
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Avet that I have is the EX 4/0. Slighty larger than the LX I think. Just a good stand up rod that would be all around. 80-130 class. I'm leaning toward the West Coast types like Seeker or Calstar since Avet is out of the same region and type of fising. Rollers are nice, but top of the line eyes would work.

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
I wont say bet on the market but definately the best rod for the price available. I would love to have all cape fear rods for my trolling outfits but that is just not going to happen anytime soon. I love the chaos rods though and they are well within my budget for buying 2-4 rods at a time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts