2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
671 Posts
We start with white/chartruse NSEJrs and if the bite is off turn to Pumpkin seed. Strange that the darks work well in the dark. Also cast out away from the light with a very slow retrieve - that brings the good sized trout in for us. Small ones seem to be right under the lights.

Good Luck

· Registered
26,822 Posts
Its the silhouette from the dark colored bait they see. I throw black baits around the lights for the better fish, or a bass assasin (glow) on a worm hook (weightless) and work it quickly thru the lights. Having it weightless keeps it near the surface and I like watching the trout hit it, also allowing it to fall slowly. Works for me.

· Registered
3,322 Posts
All the above plus a 1/4 oz silver or gold spoon , we also rig the storm 1 1/2 swimming shad in tandem . fire tiger, golden mullet , croaker, clr/gold sides red hd. all work well. we also rig the assiaasins with a worm hook an fish like a top water like shady was taking about. Plus you can usually always take a long handled dip net an get some glass minnows at the dike an use them , fish them or shrimp under a water cork.

· Registered
203 Posts
Tandem rigged 2.5" fin-s minnows in a color that looks like a glass minnow. 1/8 jig head on front, 1/16 jig on back. Just pop it around the edge of the lights and they'll eat it up!

· Registered
495 Posts
I saw a kid in POC that had an awesome rig... He took a black Top Dog Jr. and removed the hooks and tied a 24" leader to the back with a little white crappie jig on it and he was slaying the trout on everycast... Said it helps with the casting and you can dead stick the little jig right in their face... I was using a DOA glow shrimp and I would catch maybe 1 for every ten he caught..

SW

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.