2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hooked this shark about 60 miles out. Just wanted to see if anyone could identify? Thanks. This is my first time to try to get a picture on. If this shows up without a picture I will keep trying.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It said my file was toooo BIG. Not sure how to reduce the size of the picture file. My picture is 1.85MB. The limit is 400kb

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
That's the rare and secretive "Red X shark". No documented cases exist of a catch, but the old timers have a lot of legends about them.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Sandbars don't have any black on there body just looked it up so i'm sticking with Black Tip. Yes Black tips are great to eat if your going to keep them bleed and gut them right away.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Maybe a Sandbar but looks more like a Bull to me. Rounded fins, Most sharks have some black shading on there fins when in the water. It looks to have wide jaw and eye set. I think Bull Shark!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
it does look like you can see some black on the tips and the light color bars down the side make it look like a blacktip as well as the look of the body.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Sandbars dorsal fin would be bigger for a shark that size and the anal fin "usually" has a black tip on it if it is a spinner. A bulls head would be more rounded than that. The angle of the shark in the picture is a little deceiving but it looks a little pointy to me. My vote goes for blacktip even though I can't see black tips too well on his pectorals.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts