2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

Google Earth updated its satellite images of Galveston. There is an image of something at San Luis Pass. It could be anything but it very much resembles an airplane.

After thinking about it, the satellite camera could have captured the image of San Luis Pass as an airplane was flying over it.

Has anybody seen something out there?

·
Registered Somewhere
5,635 Posts
Where did you get the picture? And did they give a date it was taken? Maybe it was a plane between the surface and the camera's altitude. That would make your scale off. How did you derive the scale?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The images came from Google Earth. Two weeks ago, it showed my parent's spec homes in San Isle as empty lots. Tonight, there're in their finished conditions. I assume that the nearby San Luis images would also be updated.

I got the 50 foot scale from Google Earth's rule function. It's fairly accurate - it correctly measured the length of a football field.

The wingspan of a small Cessna is 33 feet. So, the satellite capturing the image of a small plane flying over the pass is plausible explanation for the object.

·
Let's Go Fishin Boss!
7,913 Posts
Wow! Pic must have been taken in winter time right after a strong northern had blown through. Looks like part of the reef off of Jamaica Beach is standing out of the water!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts