2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
GArmin is you best bet for gps. They've always been on top of the game, quick and reliable.

·
The Duck of Death
2,246 Posts
Garmin . MAP76 , MAP76S or if you want color MAP76CS . do your self a favor and buy the BLUECHART CD with it . You wont regret it.

·
MOD V Slave
447 Posts
I use a Garmin etrax vista. More GPS than I'll ever need. I mainly use to mark hotspots, navigate to/from places while yak fishing. Great tool to have at your disposal.

RJ

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Best GPS

Garmin GPSMAP 76CS

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Check Amazon.com fro GPS prices. That was the best deal at Christmas time for my Garmin GPS MAP 76S. $314.86, no tax and free shipping. Retails for $399 at Bass Pro and Cabelas.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I like the Garmins. Great service. Good maps. Easy to operate. The 60 is brand new and should be a winner. The 76S and 76CS are great for marine applications.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
I have a Magellan Merridian Marine but it's the only one I have exp with so don't know about the others. It was a little bigger then the others and had a marine database. Look into one that has extra space available to download more info, I need another memory card to download any extra stuff.
Also check with Vanns.com before you buy, mine was about $100 cheaper from there compared to anything around town.
Good Luck

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Check for good prices and service plus a free Tshirt at www.gpsdiscount.com
I've had good luck buying from them, I have a Garmin GPS and a Garmin fishfinder.
Definately get the Blue chart if you ever leave familiar waters and go on the road.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the Magellan Sportrak Pro Marine and have been very happy with it. It is my third gps and is by far the easiest to use that I have had. I'm guessing there are many good units on the market right now. I would test drive as many as possible.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Check out ebay for your prices. I got an older GPS III for $100. It doesn't have WAAS but it works more than good enough for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.