2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't stir the pot on the cost Gary, big can of worms that one is ;)
Not my intention Jim. I'm just offering an alternative form of rc that is just as exciting as racing cars at a much lower cost.

At least, you car guys need to check this out. Planes are very cool, and hard to learn to fly. :help:

·
Professional Salesman
9,757 Posts
Not my intention Jim. I'm just offering an alternative form of rc that is just as exciting as racing cars at a much lower cost.

At least, you car guys need to check this out. Planes are very cool, and hard to learn to fly. :help:
I'm not an R/C guy, fingers too fat, but my FIL is big into planes back in Mississippi. He only spends about $3000 per year, :biggrin: crashes a couple per year, buys a couple better ones every year. Flying club dues (very nice runway). He has fun and loves it, but it get into his wallet and blood good, and he normally is a miser.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I was shocked too.

It's been awhile rhat I have paid for a race. I think that economics should have an effect on club race costs today. But to think of it those numbers aren't to far from when I last raced. Just wished a track was closer to the west side of Houston. Still have an thirst to offroad again though.

Nice plane Biff. Like the air shots too. BTW, I'd like to see the youngins alook as good as we do when they get to our age.

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's been awhile rhat I have paid for a race. I think that economics should have an effect on club race costs today. But to think of it those numbers aren't to far from when I last raced. Just wished a track was closer to the west side of Houston. Still have an thirst to offroad again though.

Nice plane Biff. Like the air shots too. BTW, I'd like to see the youngins alook as good as we do when they get to our age.
Hey Lyn! Good to hear from you again. Raborn was at the field today and we were talking about ya!

You have next Sunday off?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Shaky

What time are yall out there? Wife and I are caring for her mom. Lots of attention needed. New job is great! I do have weekends off. Lots to catch up on.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Yup, planes are definitely cheaper than cars, at least if you don't crash too much. For the longest time I stayed away from planes thinking they were too expensive, ha!

Gary, I'm not saying for sure yet, but there is a very good chance I will be ready to do some flying this weekend!:cheers:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts