2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Depends- where its stored, elements etc.. I change mine quite often, mono is cheap, losing a good fish ain't, thats the best answer I can give ya!

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
If stored in a dark cool place it'll last a long, long time. Now once you put it on your reel you will probably want to change it once a month if you are fishing quite a bit if not more often. If you don't fish much you might stretch it to every six months.

I have some big bulk spools of mono that I keep in some cabinets inside my house and that stuff is 5 years old and is still fine.

·
Done Wit Dat
7,545 Posts
I have one reel I bought when I was 16. I'm 34 now and I've never changed the line on it. It's getting pretty bare, but the line that's left is still pretty strong. I wouldn't recommend going this long, but it gives you an idea how long it CAN last. - Coach

·
Pathfinder 2200v / VMAX HPDI 200
737 Posts
Keep mine in the freezer out in the shop.

Have some line that's very old and have used it with no problems. I look at the line and 'test' it by pulling/twisting,etc. Seems OK each time.

However, when I'm in doubt, I go buy new.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.