2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a smooth bore,single shot thing. Caliber unknown ,.410 shotgun slides down till rim hits beginning of barrel,.20ga is too large. Seems to be something on the order of a tranquilizer gun? Very heavy and well built. Breech pivots open but only when fully cocked. No marks on barrel or frame. Two notches for cocking and both will fire with trigger pull,no safety.Any ideas? Sorry for poor pics. Google doesnt show anything. Ceniella is written on frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Strange looking weapon for sure,, I would post this pic and info on www.thefiringline.com and see if anyone there might know,,,I would think flare gun also ,but i ve never seen a flare gun with a front sight on it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure of flare gun either but still checking. Flare guns are usually about 12 ga. size or much larger and have a breakopen action. Anybody else?

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
any markings on the barrel? what's the grip made from?

oops, seen where there are no marks...humm

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The other side is just the other side no markings or features. On the side shown there is a little latch that operates the ejector when the breech is opened like a SSshotgun ejector.:headknock

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts
Well, where did you get it or find it? The word Ceniella is a plant or herb.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Tranquilizer dart gun maybe ?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A friend was going to sell it to me as a .410 ga. but when I dropped in a .410 the mystery began. :eek:hwell:

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
can you possibly rub some talc or chalk into the lettering to make it easier to read?
yes please do...I think I see something and tried yesterday with the photos but can not get a good detailed shot.

FWIW, I would not put anything inside and test shoot it LOL Not yet anyways

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The .410 slides into the chamber and the rim catches on the beginning of the barrel past the chamber. In other words the .410 rim is too small in dia. The wording is" ceniella" as said in prior post.

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
my thought was that "ceniella" might not be correct - perhaps a single letter could be wrong...which is why there are no hits in google.

it's hard to believe that nobody has ever encountered a similar piece and tried to search on the net for more info about it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts