2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to know why there are are no fishing reports on this page anymore can anyone tell me??
Literally says fishing and game reports

·
Catch a New Personal - Learn How!
12,793 Posts
the internet and social media happened... 12 years ago everyone was on 2cool... now everyone is on 15 different social media groups ... it's not that they get any better reports there but they get instantly answered and they hope they might get a pm from a buddy. Then the 'other site' started and 1/2 of the 2coolers went over there ... it's not any better but everyone just moved elsewhere.

PM me.. i'll try to help you

·
Registered
54 Posts
the internet and social media happened... 12 years ago everyone was on 2cool... now everyone is on 15 different social media groups ... it's not that they get any better reports there but they get instantly answered and they hope they might get a pm from a buddy. Then the 'other site' started and 1/2 of the 2coolers went over there ... it's not any better but everyone just moved elsewhere.

What is the "other site"?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I surf fished twice this past week, enjoyed outdoor time but fishing sucked. 10/03 at Sargent - using cut mullet, caught one bull red and too many gafftop. 10/07 near Surfside - water clear, flat, no wind. Kayak fished with spoons and Gulps at various distances from beach, one small pompano and too many gafftop.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts

Well isn't that special! Wondering the same thing. I don't do social media so I guess I'm not in the know. Well I will just keep using Tobin's maps and wonder how everyone is doing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sunday afternoon I spotted a big flock of gulls working near the gas wells in Espiritu Santo bay. As I drifted down into the flock I saw shrimp popping and got excited. First cast gafftop, second cast gafftop, third cast....and then we left.

I used to catch trout under birds in Espiritu Santo but it has been a few years. I read reports of game fish under birds in other Bay systems. Curious to know if anyone has any ideas why its predominantly gafftop in Espiritu Santo.

·
Registered
14,592 Posts
I tried to warn everyone of the impending gaffer invasion, I encouraged those "special" fishermen who target them to form a professional association with tournaments, jackets, boat decals and the swag, etc..
That usually spells doom for a species and results in a rapid depletion of the target species followed by years of a lagging fishery.
If only.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Maybe its social media fatigue. Or no one wants to give up their spots. Or they are conservation minded and dont want to give a good report that makes people rush down and put a "hurtin on the fish". Or get blasted by other posters by saying the wrong thing or offending someone. So Ok I'll give a report and I'm sure some guides who spend everyday down there and have a pattern will dispute me!
But from the average fisherman Tuesday 19th E. Matty this time a year it's usually "on" right? Early start, perfect weather, light winds, although full moon and water stained, we struggled to catch one limit of trout. Alot of big sandies which made it a better meat haul. No gaftop Haha. But only saw about 4-5 groups of birds and maybe 10-15 boats in E. Matty. Compared to years past, and this time of year, looked like a ghost town. Cleaning table at the Harbor had alot of Snaps.
Very disappointing and sad. IMO the freeze really hurt this small shallow bay, that for years, produced big fish despite the pressure.
So go ahead and tell me I dont know what I'm doing, throwing the wrong thing in the wrong place and I need an app for my GPS. But to the average fisherman, all we know is that for the last 30+ years(my experience), this time of year (Oct) , should be easy limits of nice trout with some reds mixed in and an occasional Jack or smack under the birds.
Maybe that's why people dont give fishing reports

1 - 17 of 17 Posts