2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually wrap up the remains in a grocery bag and put them in the freezer until trash day. Well yesterday I didnt have any room in the freezer so I wrapped them up in a grocery bag and then a kitchen trash bag and put them in my trash can. As you can guess the smell is awful after a day of roasting in the sun and I cant imagine what the smell will be like tomorrow morning when I open up that trash can and put out my trash. I would like to hear what you do with the remains.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Pitch em in the canal in front of my house :)

When I lived in Rockport though and wasnt on the water, I just made sure to clean them on the water somewhere even if it meant driving to a launch with a cleaning station on my way home from kayaking.

·
Manvel Mob
824 Posts
MsAddicted said:
Pitch em in the canal in front of my house :)

When I lived in Rockport though and wasnt on the water, I just made sure to clean them on the water somewhere even if it meant driving to a launch with a cleaning station on my way home from kayaking.
I recently heard on the 610 outdoor show that cleaning your fish anywhere but their final destination is illlegal.

·
Back in da Saddle
10,114 Posts
And on the water is also a dock that protrudes past the point of Tera firma !!!!

John

·
<***********>< Fish on.
3,097 Posts
The Redhead (my wife) just LOVES it when I forget to freeze the fish remains or leave them out in the trash.

I would rather clean the fish at the water, but I usually bring my fish home to clean, my girls are 7 and 3 and love to see the fish and watch me filet them. I figure its worth it if if fosters their interest in the great outdoors.

·
Registered
26,822 Posts
kcross said:
I usually wrap up the remains in a grocery bag and put them in the freezer until trash day. Well yesterday I didnt have any room in the freezer so I wrapped them up in a grocery bag and then a kitchen trash bag and put them in my trash can. As you can guess the smell is awful after a day of roasting in the sun and I cant imagine what the smell will be like tomorrow morning when I open up that trash can and put out my trash. I would like to hear what you do with the remains.
Neighborhood apatments lol.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
eather throw them in the back yard by the gas meter, in the aley, or at the river, neighbors yard, field across the street, garden, road, just where ever i am feeling it that day. ha ha ha . the garden is the best. the plants that grew where we put fish were 2 X the size of the others just feet away. lol

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.