2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Smoked turkey leg from Krogers and homemade chicken and dressing, and of course cranberry sauce.

·
Remember the Veterans
8,047 Posts
Thursday: Glazed Spiralcut ham with potato salad
Friday: Turkey with dressing and all the other stuff
Saturday: Tamales made with the backstrap of a BIG ol' wild pig
Sunday: Pot roast with mash potatos-n-gravy and pinto beans
Monday: Ate left-overs all day

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. Mother-in-law is here from Mexico and the kitchen is crankin' it out!! The holidays aren't officially over for another 6 days...

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Man that is some good lookin' brisket. We did the traditional turkey and dressing. My FIL ate seconds and then thirds. As he was about to leave he said he had a lot of gas and went to the bathroom. After about 10 minutes in the bathroom, I heard him hollering for the plunger. I hollered at Chickengirl to help me out and to bring it to him, which she did. After about another 10 minutes, I heard my hair dryer going on high speed. FIL has messed all over himself and his clothes and was trying to dry it out before he went home. Chickengirl had MIL in the car waiting on FIL in order to drive them home. FIL came out of the bathroom, stated he barely made it the bathroom in time and thanked me for the great evening and then left. I walked to the bathroom to check out the damage and the damage was severe. I commenced to gag and threw up three times and litterally almost passed out. It is now the 28th, I am still somewhat queecy but hopefully tomorrow I will be back to normal.

·
Remember the Veterans
8,047 Posts
Man that is some good lookin' brisket. We did the traditional turkey and dressing. My FIL ate seconds and then thirds. As he was about to leave he said he had a lot of gas and went to the bathroom. After about 10 minutes in the bathroom, I heard him hollering for the plunger. I hollered at Chickengirl to help me out and to bring it to him, which she did. After about another 10 minutes, I heard my hair dryer going on high speed. FIL has messed all over himself and his clothes and was trying to dry it out before he went home. Chickengirl had MIL in the car waiting on FIL in order to drive them home. FIL came out of the bathroom, stated he barely made it the bathroom in time and thanked me for the great evening and then left. I walked to the bathroom to check out the damage and the damage was severe. I commenced to gag and threw up three times and litterally almost passed out. It is now the 28th, I am still somewhat queecy but hopefully tomorrow I will be back to normal.
Dang....you sure know how to kill the moment....now I feel queezy!!!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I'll have to come back to this post next time I get the munchies from looking at food ****!!!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Dr. Pepper glazed ham, braised duck (my specialty), wild rice, squash cassrole, mashed potatoes, and a spinach salad. My fridge is still full.

·
Is it really Monday again?
1,120 Posts
Come on 24buds..

I had fried trurkey, ham, german style potatoes, and green beans.

·
aka: KSims1868
3,848 Posts
Cajun Injected Fried Turkey (4 of them)
2 of Garry's Cajun Dirty rice (from the Recipes forum - HIGHLY recommended)
bacon wrapped duck poppers on the grill (freaking awesome)
Grandma's Enchiladas (still not sure when this tradition started...we aren't from any Mexican heritage at all)
all the other traditional trimmings: Green Bean Casserole, Twice Baked Potatoes, Dressing, Ham, Corn Casserole, Pumpkin Pie, etc...etc...

It was a great Christmas - very fun.

Home cooked cracked pepper crusted prime rib baby...and it was good!
Next year I have VOWED to do this (probably along with a couple Fried Turkeys). I'll need to practice a couple times before Christmas to get it "just right" though.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Standing rib roast, which we hand cut into thick, juicy rib eye steaks -grilled over coals with some mesquite thrown in for flavor. Side dishes were peas, creamed onions, bread, and a spinach salad. Served with Liberty School cabernet.

I'm grilling a rack of lamb for new years.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Chickenboy & Chickengirl
Food **** on DYI network, Pricele$$ !!!

Fried a 13lb. Turkey, 5.5lb. Pork loin, 4 pork tender loins Christmas eve in 20 mile winds-frier never went out once thanks to the blockade I put up.
Family brought ALL the sides. Had a great time

·
Registered
572 Posts
Prime Rib and forgot what the sides were! Had plenty of beer for the birthday as well ; )

1 - 20 of 29 Posts