2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to take a few folks from the office out on Friday. If it's too rough to get out, where should we go? Mostly want to hang out in the sun, relax and crank up the sat radio. What is a good cruise? Matagorda? Galveston? Up the Brazos river? Any places to stop and get a bite to eat?

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,162 Posts
Cruise toward Matagorda, go through the locks of the brazos, next river is the San Bernard. Turn right and head up river about 3-4 miles, on the left, dock up and eat at 2 J's overlooking the river. Good restaurant, good atmosphere.

·
Old yellow member
2,273 Posts
I second J's idea

The San Benard is a pretty nice river, if you go about 8 miles up and past the Churchhill Bridge there's a pretty good resteraunt on the right. I can't remember the name of it but remember it had some good eats a couple of years ago.

FN

·
21,162 Posts
Dido's, and I hear it is off and on. I have yet to eat there for some unknown reason. Not "great" all the time is what I hear, but worth the drinks and sitting outside. 2J's doesnt have outside seating, rather a room with a view.

·
Borders, language, culture
6,342 Posts
Yeah, Dido's food is hit and miss. They do have a great screened in deck and nice places to tie up though.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Dido's

Do they still run that little river boat thing out of Dido's? It has been several years since I've been there.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Freeport!!!!

I have not been since moving to Seadrift a few years back, at the time there was a somewhat new restaraunt near the bridge on the intercoastal on the surside side. I was there a few times and it was pretty good, except for the CATFIGHT beetween 2 employees that one night, well I guess that was pretty good also LOL 2 ladies rippin at eachother tearing clothes off and all ohhhhhh I better stop LOL LOL , I cannot remember the name CAPT something I dunno. anybody no where I am talking about, you could dock right at it's front porch on the intercoastal.....

·
Borders, language, culture
6,342 Posts
regulator said:
I have not been since moving to Seadrift a few years back, at the time there was a somewhat new restaraunt near the bridge on the intercoastal on the surside side. I was there a few times and it was pretty good, except for the CATFIGHT beetween 2 employees that one night, well I guess that was pretty good also LOL 2 ladies rippin at eachother tearing clothes off and all ohhhhhh I better stop LOL LOL , I cannot remember the name CAPT something I dunno. anybody no where I am talking about, you could dock right at it's front porch on the intercoastal.....
Capt Ken's

·
21,162 Posts
Dido's, I've seen the river boat but haven't seen it run up or down the river the last couple of years. It may still be in service if rented out for a party or something. Really don't know.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Sit at Bridge Bait, drink a beer and watch the chaos that ensues when all the dock space is taken up by guides waiting on customers paying no courtesy to others trying to get bait, etc. Once that is done in the morning, you can have another afternoon laugh as same people try to climb all over one another trying to load trailers and drop people off at the same docks where, you guessed it, the guides are back having a beer with boats tied up once again. If that's not enough, walk around to the parking lot and watch everyone get frustrated with those that wait to load the boat until they are backed up and in the water.

A little courtesy could go a LONG way.

·
Senior Member, do I get a discount?
1,918 Posts
High 5 at Churchill bridge if you like to drink beer, food is ok too. Dido's is ok, not the greatest food. ride and drink beer, there is a sanbar everyone hangs out on it's a good little party it is down past Mcneil bridge about 6 miles. or if i am out on the pier 1.2 mles past Mcneil stop at my place!
Earl

·
Super Moderator
865 Posts
GameOn

Use your cell phone to call the Lady that works inside and tell her that have $$$'s waiting on a space to park. She'll make room.....That's her story...We'll see??????

We had the same problem on Fri.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hey Brad,

You could run up the ditch past Pelican, turn right, and soak some large baits on the north side of the rocks near the washout. There should be a good tide mid-morning.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts