2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I'll be chasing a good time and those big, mature deer that surprise you every year around the rut. I really don't care if he's got 6 points or 12. I'll be looking for that "suck the wind out of you" feeling that you get when a brute steps out of the brush in late December.

By the way, you did find yourself a dandy. Good luck finding him during the season.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've got to get me some trail cameras for next year. Great deer. I am chasing a typical 10 with double drops with my bow. Just about a 140 class 10 but one drop is about 7-8" and the other one is about 4". Saw him twice in August but haven't seen him since. Hopefully he hasn't broke them yet. And if not him, then any mature deer that I can get within bow range. Bow only this year for me. Should be fun.

·
Get the Net!
1,236 Posts
Don't have any trail cam pics (need to invest in one already) but I'll be chasing a nice 10 point we saw last season on our lease and that the landowner claims to have seen again this year. That, and I'll be looking out for any nice exotics that stumble onto the scene - we've got Axis on our place so here's hoping someone will get a nice trophy buck this year (if anything else the meat is just gravy).

1 - 20 of 35 Posts