2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Metal Man
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a early start Sat. in Rockport , few boats , lots of clouds,and three limits of specs on sand eel jr. Great way to start a weekend that was to be a total loss. Up at 5:00 Sunday, bad storms all around. Waited them out, on the water at 10: 30, stepping out of the boat at 11:00, and then it happen. Two boats cutting across the bay 1/2 a mile out, made a u-turn headed back the way they came and then headed straight to the reef we were fishing. Lead boat ran 4'off the deep side of the reef untill mid way, than crossed over to the other side, ran to the end, turnded back to the deep side, circled the end and ran the shore out. His buddy tried to follow but ran aground (so sorry) and had to shut it down. He then started back up showered down on it and got one hell of a bottom job. NOW, can anyone tell me WHAT WERE THEY THINKING??????? There is no reason what so ever (if you were the only boat for 100 miles) to run a reef like that,not to mintion run 30 yards from three fellow fisherman and intentionaly ruin their plans. I have never seen the boat before ,but I can see it with my eyes closed now. Did'nt get the TX # for the fire and smoke coming from my nostrills.It seems the more we talk about boater etiquette the worse they get. I have seen alot of bad stuff out there but nothing like this. He should just be glad it was'nt a top water kind of morning. Well enough venting for now , my search is on and he knows who he is, so if you are reading this you may think of selling that Honda motor and getting that blue line off your boat.

Tight lines to all the civil fishing lovers out there. I know jerks like this are the minority, but one is too many.

oh yea, went deep for 15 speckeled beauties.

·
Registered
185 Posts
It happened to me too. There are people who haven't the slightest ideal where they are going, what they are doing and where the reefs and other structure are. In short, they are idiots and we (meaning non idiots) pay the price by being at the wrong place at the wrong time..

·
Yellowbellied Perch Jerker
1,670 Posts
Called pot lickers. They saw you fishing, figured you might know something, decided to drop in. Their buddy was tagging along, or he was some fisherman this first boat had pee'd off like they did you, and he was running them down and they shook him. Hard to say. Sounds like par for the course for weekend fishing these days.

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,668 Posts
Sometimes when they are that blatanly stupid about it I think that they are just confused and think they are running some sort of navigable channel in that area and when they hit something all hell breaks loose.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
There is no civility left in our culture, it's all me, me, me, me.
Feral people having feral children.

civility

n 1: formal or perfunctory politeness [ant: incivility] 2: the act of showing regard for others [syn: politeness

·
Income Magician
499 Posts
ditto from me guys. I can't seem to wade without somebody cruising up to check out my stringer or wading up to me to see if they can lick the salt off my silver spoon(play on tackle--get it:).

I really, really, really get steamed when I am out on a giggin trip and I am walkin along just me my lantern and my stick and along comes a flounder rig with four guys on it. They sail right up behind me, swerve around and jump right in front of me and destroy any hopes of me going any further. To top it off they are laughing about it the whole time.

Just a couple of weeks ago me and a couple of buddies are drifting across the seperator out of San Leon and two diots in a bay boat with the entire sides painted with the Texas Flag on it come cruising right into our drift and do a couple of circles before shutting down and proceding to fish our drift line. We of course being civil responsible fisherbabies instructed them on proper etiquette. All be it we spoke in some form of impolite french to stress the point. They actually started screaming at us calling us worse than we were calling them.

All in all, anybody can buy a boat, anybody can buy the bait. Common sense still comes from Daddy. Thank god for the good ones....

Tight lines and bent sticks. It's still better than workin!!!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Almost as bad as the other week in Aransas area I was coming thru Morris Cummins cut heading in to Estes when right at the end where you go right to the bay or veer left there is a guy anchored up fishing!!!! Here I come running wide open so I can skip across the skinny water and head into Estes!!! Two choices, run into them or run aground in the mud! I obviously shut it off and went in the mud having then to get out to push across the bar back into the channel. I did keep my cool and inform the gentleman that they were fishing right in the only navigable channel thru that area. They replied politely and wondered why all the boats coming thru kept yelling at them so they moved!!!! I think some people are just clueless and do not know any better?????

·
Banned
214 Posts
...or maybe they want us to think they are STUPID !!!!!!! My wife and I were fishing the Sargent area at a cut corner going into East Matty Bay, and the intracoastal. We were anchored about 20-30 yards off the banck when we watch this boat coming down the intracoastal in our direction. Then he started coming straight for us.....and ended up flying between us and the bank !!!!!!!!!!!!! Having the entire canal to use, and we WERE landing flounder and reds...until this IDIOT came through !!!???????????? We had to reel our lines in fast and I practically BEGGED this guy to stop and visit me for a minute !!! I may be a Christian...but I am also ME and at times have NO PATIENCE for blundering idiots !!! These people MIGHT be really decent people until they get behind the wheel of a vehicle and then when they turn the key on.....SUPER DUH !!!!!!!!!!! It's like turning on a STUPID SWITCH !!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's your sign !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Probably the same guy that pushes the groery cart behind my vehicle. instead of taking 3 steps to park in in the stall at the grocery store. Seems people everywhere are in their own world with complete disregard for any body else. What happen to common courtesy and respect for others?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts