1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,607 Posts
endangered! OUCH!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Look like big Barrell Fish to me. They are are actually very good to eat. 300 feet is shallow for them, they are usually in very deep water. We have caught them deep dropping many times.

·
Banned
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
we hooked the first one on a shrimp boat wreck and the rest followed him up. We caught ten before they went down again. Hard fighting things. No we did not weigh them. The biggest was like 28 or so and the smallest was about 25. Thanks for the help. I'll try them tonight. You guys are the best!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Not really trying to stir the pot since it really looks like a good day fishing, but pretty gutsy to decide to keep 10 of something you don't even know what it is! They do look like barrelfish. I guess it's a good thing you didn't get stopped and they were actually something on an endangered list! Should probably really know what you got before deciding on keeping 10 of them. Just my .02!

·
12,607 Posts
Not really trying to stir the pot since it really looks like a good day fishing, but pretty gutsy to decide to keep 10 of something you don't even know what it is! They do look like barrelfish. I guess it's a good thing you didn't get stopped and they were actually something on an endangered list! Should probably really know what you got before deciding on keeping 10 of them. Just my .02!
they are,, I see the federal warden lurking now!:rotfl:

·
Banned
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks so much for the 2 pennies worth...

heres my whole dollars worth...keep your opinions to yourself turdburgular:)

·
For the Fish!!
4,046 Posts
Exactly, and then put it in a public forum.

·
12,607 Posts
what are these things? (bottomfish id)
caught ten of these fishing two weekends ago on jigs in 300'. What are they? Do they taste good? The meat looked ok but I dont want to try it until I know what it is.
first you ask!

then you cry,, hit the door and don't let it hit you in the ars on the way out! :rotfl: not to bright as stated retaining unknown fish!

·
Paddle solo, sleep tandem
3,601 Posts
you asked for people OPINION on what species of fish you caught.

Yes, you are foolish for keeping 10 fish not knowing what species they are. Luckily, for your sake, they aren't endangered. Secondly, you're lucky they aren't crappy table fair either, otherwise you would have wasted resources which is a ticketable offense. Don't come on here spewing jargon at people just because you don't like what they have to say. Like your other post, should you feel such negative sentiment towards Mont and 2cool, don't let the door hit you on the arse. Proclaiming this site has gone to the darkside like you did, also happens bc of posts like yours. You asked for opinions, now prepare to face them and do it accordingly so, not in a tacky reputable manner.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.