2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Master of Boats
1,432 Posts
not any I have found.

I do have a pair of Cuddeback, at $199 that are good to go. Everyone in the office is by mine to see what the cameras got since last week, and comments, wow, what a graet picture quality. About 2000 pics per set of 4D batteries, which is nice.

·
Hold my beer.....
4,024 Posts
alot of people dont care for the moultrie d40s but i have multiple (4) as im scared to put too good of cameras out in the east texas woods as i know they would grow legs.....

the quality is there but has a slow shutter speed.....

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have a Cuddeback no flash, that has been sent back to Cabelas twice in exchange for new ones. I have another that has been sent back to Cuddeback twice also. I'm getting tired of sending them back.

·
Make America Great Again!!!
2,171 Posts
I currently have a Wildgame Innovations IR that i am taking back because the battery connector broke inside.
I previously had a Stealthcam IR, which took good pictures and the flash and IR worked great. After a year it just stopped working.
I will probably get another Wildgame Innovations IR, until the Christmas bonus comes and I'll upgrade to a Cuddeback, from the pictures i have seen on here they seem to take the best.

By the way, the Stealthcam was hard to program, and the WGI is really easy. However, i prefer the stealthcam over the WGI.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I'm using the new Bushnell and have been very pleased. It takes night shots with IR instead of a flash. It also takes 60 second videos day or night. I got 4K+ pics and 200+ videos and the batteries were still showing half power. I went ahead and changed them out this weekend, but I imagine they would've lasted quite a while longer.

I got it through Cabela's for $200

http://www.bushnell.com/products/trail-cameras/trophy-cam/

·
Proud Navy Father AND Grandfather
9,095 Posts
moultrie I-40's here , great pics ,slow shutter,hard to access chip,function set-up is cheezy,sealed good,Loong battery life and IR does a good job! Won't be purchasing any more and i have heard more bad review's than good ones on the cuddeback's period, so i don't know which to try next!

·
Paddle solo, sleep tandem
3,601 Posts
I have a Cuddeback no flash, that has been sent back to Cabelas twice in exchange for new ones. I have another that has been sent back to Cuddeback twice also. I'm getting tired of sending them back.
we had issues with ours as well. We went with Recon Outdoors and have had no problems. Amazing picture quality.

moultrie I-40's here , great pics ,slow shutter,hard to access chip,function set-up is cheezy,sealed good,Loong battery life and IR does a good job! Won't be purchasing any more and i have heard more bad review's than good ones on the cuddeback's period, so i don't know which to try next!
wick, those are great cameras too. We have one and the only gripe is the battery life...

·
Registered
710 Posts
I had read all of the reviews about difficult and awkward controls, confusing set-ups, cards that were hard to access, etc.

The Bushnell is super simple to set up, the buttons are easy to use and the memory card is easy to access. I plan on buying another one.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I've always used the I-40s. I don't know how much the I-40s are at walmart since ours doesn't carry them but I bought another one this summer through the walmart online site for around $160. Pretty good price for a good camera.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
The Bushnell Trophy Cam has been good so far.... I've had it in the field for a couple months now. Extremely long battery life, infrared night pics.... my only gripe is that my digital point and shoot camera doesn't read the sd card when I pull it from the Trophy Cam, so I have to wait until I get home to see the pictures on my computer.
I've had a Moultrie D40 in the field for over 3 years. No problems, no gripes. I think these can be had for under $100 nowadays, I'm pretty sure I've seen them listed at $89 regularly.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.