2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
I Member Like It Was Yesterday
3,473 Posts
Cool video, not sure what makes someone spend that much money to be a vigilanty for the whales. I think you would want to stay anyplace other than where a ship could run over their bow. Idiots!

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Just saw it on the Today Show. They're blaming the giant Japanese ship for ramming their little batboat. Hilarious. Wish NBC would have given a spoiler alert before running the story.

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
you have to give theses knot heads credit.

what the japaneese are doing is illegal under international treaty, whaling for research don't cut it.

That video clip is incomplete, they could have pulled in front of the larger vessel and stopped, it's hard to tell from the angles. It needs a few minutes of overhead for the play by play....ramming anyone is highly illegal, just as on land.

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
Man, hopefully they'll ram the other ships and the idiot hippies will go away. I don't like whaling but I don't like criminals who interfere with perfectly legal activity even worse.

·
4,635 Posts
No it is not. They are abusing a loop hole law that set aside some whaling for "research".
So what they're doing isn't illegal. Loophole or not, it technically isn't illegal so therefore the buffoon hippies trying to harm the whaling ships need to be sent to the bottom.

Japan, where whale meat is part of culinary culture, reluctantly halted commercial whaling in line with a 1986 IWC moratorium. But the next year it resumed ``research whaling'' - an activity allowed under the commission's charter - despite protests from anti-whaling nations led by the US and environmentalist groups, which say whales are at risk or that the hunt is cruel.

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
bob barker can kiss my a... wish happy gilmore woulda knocked him out for good.. LOL

even if it is not "perfectly legal".. go after the law, not vigilante justice like these waste of humans do

·
POC chunker
9,209 Posts
The fact that any Captain jeopardizes the life and safety of his crew for a lower life form, (legal or not), makes him an idot and not worthy of the title "Captain" in my humble opinion.

·
4,635 Posts
bob barker can kiss my a... wish happy gilmore woulda knocked him out for good.. LOL

even if it is not "perfectly legal".. go after the law, not vigilante justice like these waste of humans do
My point exactly! That vigilante **** is for the birds.

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
looks like it has been over for awhile

Recent SPECIFIC Scientific permits
(Click HERE for a list of special permit catches taken since the moratorium came into force.)
JAPAN
Japan has issued scientific permits every year in recent years. In the current year, permits are for the JARPA II programme (850±10% Antarctic minke whales, 50 fin whales and 50 humpback whales) and the JARPN II programme (340 minke, 50 Bryde's, 100 sei and 10 sperm whales). Further details are given below.
The 2004/05 Antarctic season was the final year of the 16-year 'JARPA' programme, following a 2-year feasibility study. After completion of the JARPA programme, Japan initiated a JARPA II programme, initially as a 2-year feasibility study, for 850±10% and 10 fin whales in the Antarctic. This year, the full JARPA II programme commenced and the current permit (2007/08) is for 850±10% Antarctic minke whales, 50 fin whales and 50 humpback whales. Japan has subsequently agreed to delay the take of humpback whales under this programme until at least until after the June 2008 Annual Meeting.
After completion of the JARPN programme in the North Pacific, Japan initiated a JARPN II programme, initially as a 2-year feasibility study, for 100 common minke whales, 50 Bryde's whales and 10 sperm whales in the western North Pacific.

·
Premium Member
15,753 Posts
Personally, I wish someone would harpoon the skipper of the anti-whalers. But just the same, the self defense clause regarding killing polar bears doesn't give anyone the right to just kill polar bears. IMO

·
4,635 Posts
The crazy green peace founder said the boat was not in motion and they were trying to reverse. You can see in the video the boat still moving forward by the wake behind it. People are dumb to put their life above an animal.
I imagine those are the same folks crying over trees when whaling is in the off-season. :D:D:D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts