2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Done Wit Dat
7,538 Posts
Y'all know what? I'm against whaling in general. It's not really necessary anymore and whales need to be protected. But you know what else? I think these people are freakin' morons. I tried to watch this show and I only went about 15 minutes before getting upset. What a bunch of maroons. Crunchy people I call them. Morons.

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
Can any of you imagine big boats running all over each other like that out at the rigs? I would be easy to spot them. They would be so full of bullet holes that they would look like swiss cheese. I mean, come on, are you really going to intentionally ram another boat and not expect return fire? That idiot in the little helicopter would be the first one swimming.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Y'all know what? I'm against whaling in general. It's not really necessary anymore and whales need to be protected. But you know what else? I think these people are freakin' morons. I tried to watch this show and I only went about 15 minutes before getting upset. What a bunch of maroons. Crunchy people I call them. Morons.
Lol I am also "torn" between the 2. I like to watch just to see what else to dumb A's will screw up. And although I think the whalers are raping the sea, there is an inkling of pleasure when they hold their own or retaliate against the brainwashed Sea Sheps

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
I'm with ya Mont, coach and Trout... If I were on a whaling vessel and them fools pulled that ****, I'd AK their azzes into the drink and that little homochopper dude would, as Mont said "Be the first one swimming." They're nothing but eco-terrorists. I'm against whaling wholeheartedly but if what the whalers are doing is legal then I can't support some eco-terrorists running around pulling the b.s. those granola eating fruits pull. Throw a stinkbomb on my boat and I'll throw some 7.76 mm or 5.56 mm on yours.. Bunch a freakin' nut munchers... Nothing chaps my south side like eco-terrorists and I'm usually a pretty mild mannered fellow.. LOL

·
Registered
217 Posts
The Japanese are going to run that thing over...

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts
How come the only thought I could think of when I saw the title to this thread was Cheech and Chongs movie, "Nice Dreams"? :rotfl: And that timeless classic hit..."Save the whales, save the whales....shoot them seals!" "Save those big, bad funky whales!" And then, of course that reminds me of the "Nice Dreams" song itself! :biggrin:

·
quando omni flunkus, mortati
1,506 Posts
It's like the batmobile had sex with a short bus type sailboat and that is the offspring.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
You know all that cool whizzbang anti-whaling tech we profiled earlier? Turns out it's something of a pain in the *** for the crew of the Ady Gil.
The Sea Shepherd's latest sleek addition to its fleet has had to return to Hobart, Tasmania twice due to a circle-jerk of technological failures. On the first attempt, its Iridium Satellite device failed while heading out to sea - basically leaving them helpless to communicate with the MV Steve Irwin. After a replacement part was flown in, the Ady Gil headed out again - and promptly had its $6,000 broadband radar system smashed by a giant 16ft. wave.
"The trouble is the boat is a wavepiercer and when you go through waves you get a lot of load on top," Captain Pete Bethune told an Australian newspaper. "But I have been around the world three times and haven't had this problem, so I am surprised. We had a different radar on for three years and this new one sits slightly taller than the old one, so it is under more load. It's a boat and these things do happen on boats."
Thankfully, a new radar system has been donated by Australian company Simrad Electronics. The Ady Gil is sitting still, however, until the New Zealand government allows them to pass through its waters. "I was given assurances that it was imminent but I believe there's still nothing come through from the New Zealand Government so legally we're not allowed to go beneath the 60th parallel and I think that's what Paul Watson is waiting on before he gives us instructions to leave," Bethune said.
t

·
Master of Ceremonies
1,451 Posts
Very hypothetical:

'So a new international law allows the harvesting of Bottlenose dolphins for research in international waters. Although there is outrage, there is nothing the U.S. government can do about it. During the month long harvest, a mass of Mexico-based fishing vessels have free reign right outside Texas waters. They have found a loophole in the regulations and as it turns out they are selling the meat to asian markets'.

What are you going to do when you put a spread out for some Marlin and come across a fishing vessel harvesting dolphins? Nothing? Please. Most of us would make a point to head out where we thought the Mexican boats were. I know I would. Again, hypothetical scenario.

I agree the Sea Shepard has some questionable actions but I support their cause and wish them success. Last season of Whale Wars was pretty good IMO. Kinda funny watching the failure after failure. "Oh you are going to throw bottles on our deck? Ok, we will just put up a net." LOL. What does the Sea Shepard do? "Let's take a zodiac out with a grappling hook to tear down the nets." :biggrin::biggrin:

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
Very hypothetical:

'So a new international law allows the harvesting of Bottlenose dolphins for research in international waters. Although there is outrage, there is nothing the U.S. government can do about it. During the month long harvest, a mass of Mexico-based fishing vessels have free reign right outside Texas waters. They have found a loophole in the regulations and as it turns out they are selling the meat to asian markets'.

What are you going to do when you put a spread out for some Marlin and come across a fishing vessel harvesting dolphins? Nothing? Please. Most of us would make a point to head out where we thought the Mexican boats were. I know I would. Again, hypothetical scenario.

I agree the Sea Shepard has some questionable actions but I support their cause and wish them success. Last season of Whale Wars was pretty good IMO. Kinda funny watching the failure after failure. "Oh you are going to throw bottles on our deck? Ok, we will just put up a net." LOL. What does the Sea Shepard do? "Let's take a zodiac out with a grappling hook to tear down the nets." :biggrin::biggrin:
I don't think there would be very many boats on this board that could make a 400 mile round trip to do anything about it. ;)

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
I dont see what good that thing is going to do....

One run in with another boat and it is toast...

Are they just using it to scare off the whales or what?

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
I'm amazed. Why shouldn't whales killed and eaten? Places like Japan and Norway don't have a lot of cattle, and their food has mainly come from the sea for eons.

YOU KNOW what these Greenpeace dipsheiats call the fish you like to catch and eat, don't you? No you probably don't.
SEA KITTENS!

If they ever stop the whaling trade, they will be after your fishing rights as well. Don't be sucked in to all the animal rightists propaganda. My only concern is that we harvest these animals in a manner consistant with maintaining a healthy population.

I'm all for the Japs and the Norskies and wish we still had a US whaling fleet. Get'em!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts