2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lookimg for some deep deep holes or chanels in west bay that i can get to in my kayak! please help!!!

·
Registered
738 Posts
There are not many deep holes in west bay. I catch alot more fish over mud or up on the flats during the winter in west bay. Offats Bayou would be better if you were after trout in deep water in my opinion.

·
Hold my beer.....
4,025 Posts
its not too deep but ive always had good luck starting off at the end sportsmans rd and going west to the flats! try that and if no good there go back to the end of sportsmans and head north towards the reef!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are not many deep holes in west bay. I catch alot more fish over mud or up on the flats during the winter in west bay. Offats Bayou would be better if you were after trout in deep water in my opinion.
I fished confederate reef today with no luck. Some one mentioned to me today about the black hole have you heard of it and can you get to it by kayak

·
JimD
7,161 Posts
Kick over to TKF and run Ray down and get a copy of his 3rd addition of wading and kayaking the galveston bay system Probably 100 assorted spots to wade and kayak.

There are three or 4 places to launch at Offats.

Deep water that no one ever talks about is off 61 st on the left where the houses are. All that water in the area is 10 to 12 feet deep in there except for the far two corners where it is shallow. Never hear it mentioned. :) Also some good deep water under the bridge where the pond empties into Offats. YOu can launch on the right and paddle under the bridge.

You can also launch off 101 street if you know where to go.

Also there used to be a boat ramp launch down on the cut that the paddle wheel anchors on. Not sure if it is still available. It was there before kayaking got popular 6 or 7 years ago.

This area has more deep water than any other cove in the Galveston system and also has some really shallow sand and oyster reefs at the same time.

Be careful.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I fished confederate reef today with no luck. Some one mentioned to me today about the black hole have you heard of it and can you get to it by kayak
i got some solid trout out at confederate in 5-6ft of water yesterday on the kayak...gonna put up a report soon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts