2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Headhunter...Fishhunter.. .Deerhunter...
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got to get out of the office early on Thursday to head up to Aspermont to do a little wing shooting and string pulling. Had a great time with my Dad and Little brother. Always great to enjoy the outdoors. The wind was not playing friendly the whole time with winds in Apsermont from 30-45 mph the whole weekend, however the birds were still flying. Like little missles. We limited out 2 nights, and we brought home 90 doves, with only 2 white wings. My little brother did get his first deer ever with a bow, a doe. Nice size. Not great arrow placement but it did the trick. Of course my 3 legged wonder dog Boudreaux was out fetching birds, and had an excellent time as well. I finished all my work, and we are ready for the season. All Blinds fixed, all 13 feeders slingin' them golden nuggets. Sorry for the picture quality, camera phone. Left my camera at home. Oh.. FYI The bobcat that is in the pictures, was Chevy'ed.. hit on the road by my Dad.. Not that I won't kill one, I just know there are some sensitive types on this board that do not believe in killing cats.. She had a beautiful coat, and was just clipped by my Dad going 15 mph.. and was in great shape, in fact he is getting it mounted, as they do not have many running around Kansas where he lives..

Can't wait for the season to start.. it MUY GRANDE time..

Attachments

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Looks like you had fun! and a bobcat to boot! I have been hunting public land hard trying to get my first deer with a bow also. Great Job!

·
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He has been trying for 3 years to get something, mostly in Kansas.. he is hooked now...

·
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh just FYI, have had a pm or two. I hunt in North Zone. Daily bag limits of dove are 15 daily, and possession of two days. Thus the picture shows 45 doves, aka 3 limits, my dad, brother, and me. We brought home 90 doves as per limit guidelines, and ate about 10 there. So I am okay with posting the pictures..

·
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh does anyone want any dove.. getting ready to cook dinner.. just send me your email, and I will email you some..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
You lucky sucker. I hut on the Pitchfork Ranch up north of Aspermont. Between hurricanes and work since Ike, I haven't been able to get up there. It's killing me! Had a report of good dove numbers working into one of our tanks and got a picture of a real nice 8pt that needs an arrow. E-mail me a plate of doves. I noticed on the pic with the dog you need a little more gear, I can see a small piece of sunlight coming in the back window between gun cases and other stuff. LOL

·
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I saw it was trophy Robbie.. It reminded me of you.. so I shot it with my shotgun.. I think I might mount it, just so I have a little swamp thing always around.. of course that would be if I did not eat him first ;) Actually there are tons in my dove pond, could not get the dad or bro out with a spotlight but there are tons there, and a frog leg fry is always good.. not half bad grilled either..

Wanna go the weekend of the 18th with us Swampus?

·
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We are 5 miles from Aspermont in swenson.. Great Deer, just not a lot of them, you actually have to hunt them, instead of hill country em ;) (Pulling the trigger 5 minutes after light) But this time of year, the DOVE hunting is always off the hook, if you have water. I hope you can make it out there, I am going back again in 2 weeks to bring a friend up and wack em again, and maybe stick a deer or shoot pigs...

You can never bring too many guns, bows, coolers, ammo, even driving a Suburban size car, I seem to run out of room, poor dog gets stuff falling on him from time to time..

tokavi said:
You lucky sucker. I hut on the Pitchfork Ranch up north of Aspermont. Between hurricanes and work since Ike, I haven't been able to get up there. It's killing me! Had a report of good dove numbers working into one of our tanks and got a picture of a real nice 8pt that needs an arrow. E-mail me a plate of doves. I noticed on the pic with the dog you need a little more gear, I can see a small piece of sunlight coming in the back window between gun cases and other stuff. LOL

·
Hunting Machine!
5,831 Posts
Been goin full boar--lease last weekend and Chalendged Dove Hunt this weekend--gonna Bow Hunt my lease thurs, fri morn first and off to Donna with Kieth for Dove Smackin!

I may make it 18th tho...............................gotta see and thanks Man!

·
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
RubenZamora said:
Nice Doe! although I would have taken arrow out before taking a pic :)

Swampus? I'm in the RGV, who you hunting with in Donna?
Yeah she was over 100lbs on the hoof.. lots of meat. We have pictures with and without the arrow. He has been trying to stick a deer for 3 years so was pretty excited and wanted proof his accomplishment. After all in our family you can say you saw, or killed or caught the biggest whale in the world or whatever; does not count unless you have a photo.. we are quite competitive.

Swamp.. Just let me know bro.. also headed to Lake Chuck again soon.. got to split some 10s.. stay tuned..

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Nice job, I am glad that someone else hunts up North West besides me. I hunt West of Whitchta Falls about 40 miles. No doves. Good deer and hogs and varmits but no doves. Never had any in 8 years.

Glad you had a good hunt. If you ever need another dove hunter PM.

Very nice pictures. Looks like a spine shot on that doe, I bet it dropped in its tracks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts