2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Big Daddy's Custom Rods & Norton Lures
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mark McConn, Brooks Carlan, Chris Irman and Scott Herington waded West Matty with Capt. Charlie Paradoski on Friday. Throwing strawberry Assassins and top-waters the boxed 11 reds up to 28", one 29" red that was tagged, 5 trout and 1 black drum.

Attachments

·
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they do!
When they get the barges into the locks most of the lock operators are good about letting the small boats in and idle up to the front. There is one old grey head operator thats been being a P?"&K to the small boat operators and it took Capt. Charlie Paradoski and his group two hours to get back thru that evening!

·
88 Ag
6,223 Posts
have you heard anything on about how long this is gonna last? The family and I are gonna be down there during the week of Aug. 6-10 and I'd love to go fish West but I know the kids aren't going to want to sit and wait forever. I guess it depends if we get anymore rain upstream, uh?

man, the last thing we need right now is a slow moving storm from the gulf - that water won't have anywhere to go!!

·
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just talked to the locks and they said at least another week and thats if there is no more rain!

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
The Driver. said:
Just talked to the locks and they said at least another week and thats if there is no more rain!
What are the chances of that? :headknock

·
Registered
137 Posts
Good Catch Driver. I Also Got Stuck Between Locks 5 Weeks Ago. For 2 Hrs While Raining, And Out Of That Drink I Call ( Necture Of The Gods ). Hard Times But I Made It.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts