2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fished West Galveston today to find some decent tidal movement with a high in the AM and an outgoing in the afternoon! Been chunking so many tops over the summer the rotar cuff has been giving me some problems so I caught some live finger mullet and decided to take it easy! First stop produced 4 trout, 2 macks, and 1 red! Second stop produced 7 trout, 1 mack, 1 flounder, and 1 red! Action was very steady and the 2nd spot paid off big time with 6 trout from 22" to 27"... All fish were caught in 4' to 8' of h20 on finger mullet rigged carolina style! Also had some big sharks in the area hitting trout towards the end so decided to leave and head home! All in all a great day with some very easy fishin... I have to tell y'all, I think Galveston Bay is one of the best fisheries I have encountered for a while! Been lots of places over the summer and no others can compare!

Tight Lines!!!
tlopas

·
Registered
335 Posts
Where in west bay were you fishing. Fished East Bay Yesterday 8/17 about 7 places only one keeper trout...live shrimp, finger mullet, and croaker..Nada!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Nice bunch of fish! DJ

FishFinder said:
Fished West Galveston today to find some decent tidal movement with a high in the AM and an outgoing in the afternoon! Been chunking so many tops over the summer the rotar cuff has been giving me some problems so I caught some live finger mullet and decided to take it easy! First stop produced 4 trout, 2 macks, and 1 red! Second stop produced 7 trout, 1 mack, 1 flounder, and 1 red! Action was very steady and the 2nd spot paid off big time with 6 trout from 22" to 27"... All fish were caught in 4' to 8' of h20 on finger mullet rigged carolina style! Also had some big sharks in the area hitting trout towards the end so decided to leave and head home! All in all a great day with some very easy fishin... I have to tell y'all, I think Galveston Bay is one of the best fisheries I have encountered for a while! Been lots of places over the summer and no others can compare!

Tight Lines!!!
tlopas

·
Registered
593 Posts
Nice catch Tim

I fished East Bay yesterday from TC Dike, Bolivar area
, Sand Island, channel area at galveston, South jetties. artificial, top waters and soft plastic,croaker and shrimp. I got skunked. Glad to see some one got some pulls.
James

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Uh huh

I find it hard to believe that you didn't catch any slimeballs! That's your specialty! One of these days a big slimeball is gonna win you a boat! LOL

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Had a couple of 6lbder's! Forgot to mention that lol...Y'all be surprised just how far those big sharks go up into west bay! i.e. sportsmans road area! Lot's of areas holding good fish! Green's, middle west shell, Chocolate reefs, and many more areas! Just gotta go and pin them down and pay attention to structure and the tides! Just find where the fish are positioning themselves on the incoming and outgoings. Saw Paul Brown out yesterday! Wonder how he did throwing those Corky's?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
forgot?

Yeah, sure you forgot ;) You're just putting off the inevietable of you changing your username to SLIMEBALL!! LOL

·
Prehensile Member
173 Posts
I perfer the term SnotFish, myself. Hey Bro, how was your time in LA? Might have to go back to work and give that shoulder a rest. Naaa!

·
JimD
7,161 Posts
Wetlures- Someone has to fish while we work.

I enjoy those phone calls telling me just how good it was fishing West Bay while I worked all day. Just thankful that School is back and I am not working on all kids everyday and I can take those calls.
Tims calls are always interesting and educational .

Hope I can find Tim and go potlick that area where he is fishing on Friday. The only problems that I have seen is everyone else is already potlicking Time when he fishes there is not room to get close enough.:)

Tim told me that "The kid" was the catfish expert. Tim needs to take his daughter out there to see if she can win in the CCCF tournament.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well,

The RedFish Cup Tour tourney down in Chalmette La this last weekend was a blast! I have got to say that I was very impressed with this tourney and how it was run! ESPN was there shooting the weigh in which will be televised over the next 3 Saturday's. Top notch fishermen from all over the United States were there from Florida, Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Alabama, Carolina's and more! About 125 (2) man teams fished the tourney! Blast off was at 6:20am each morning on Friday and Saturday with the boats leaving about every 10 seconds! That was amazing itself to see 125 boats blasting off down the Mississippi Gulf Outlet going anywhere from 40mph to 80 mph...Several SCB boats were there making the run all the way down to Venice. We got there on Tuesday night and only was able to prefish 1.5 days. The winners were there 30 days prior and Jimmy West and team were there about 2 weeks out! With that said, it was tuff for us to pin down some good quailty redfish...The goal was to keep Team Ranger Bob and his partner in the top 100 so they did not have to requalify for next years tour. After day one, we were (I think) in 38th place which was very good since they pay through the top 30 teams. Day 2 kicked out butts...We only weighed in 1 redfish at 20"! Each day you can weigh 2 redfish! So, we only weighed 3 fish and ended up in 92nd place which was a real bummer for me! Ranger Bob was happy since they stayed in the top 100, but I wanted to win that tourney or atleast finish in the top 30! For those of you who may think this is easy, it's not! Over 4 days we covered about 350 miles of totally new water and territory mainly marsh and bayou's! Gold spoons seem to be our ticket and throwing them right on the grass lines! We also caught flounder and trout during our time there, but nothing big! It was defintely an experience to remember! Oh, and BTW! I caught all 3 fish we weighed in! Wushhhh....and all my expenses were paid! I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Lopas

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah,

I was called to fish as an alternate due to one of the anglers coming down with Chicken Pox....Ouch...!

Tim

1 - 19 of 19 Posts