2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Wish I Could FISH
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fished the SLP Flats recently?

Use to be where the Cut in the fence / Water tower before the bridge. Baitkiller and myself went there in the Spring to Flounder gig and they had bulldozed the area ready to build.

Just wondered if anyone had been in the area recently. Trying to plan a flounder gig this weekend and would like to know what the area looks like.

Thanks in advance and sorry for posting in the wrong forum previously.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I went there about 3 weeks ago and I went down the road and was gonna park and walk in but a guard came by and said it was private and i had to go to the bridge and walk around, so i did.We are running out of bay access every where it seems. i need to get me a flounder rig soon, heck thats gonna be the only way to go pretty soon.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
It really amazes me that people just don't know what's going on in the areas they fish...Long term access plan for SLP! No bayside access!!! You will have vehicular access at the tollbooth area to the beach! There will be bollards just to the east of the tollbooth on the beach to prevent you from driving on CENTEX's beach! You will have vehicular access on the beach to the west of the toll booth heading west around to the bridge but only 900' after the bridge on the bay side! How soon that's all a reality? Not sure, but they are developing the area very fast and it will become a reality! What beach access is left you can thank TOBA for! They did an outstanding job getting what you will have left set in place! Approximately 1.8 of the 4 miles of beach at SLP was left open for fishermen and other beach users to vehicular traffic! Almost 50%...That's pretty good considering they were fighting a $500 Million dollar deal and that CENTEX and the property owners wanted all of the last 4 miles closed to vehicular traffic!

Good fishing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts