2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided it was probably theraputic to go wade fishing this afternoon. LOL
I fished 2:00-4:00 without any bites.

The tide was in and the seaweed wasn't a factor. The water is sandy green with decent visibility the wind is more SE and less East about 8-10mph and there's some chop but no wave hopping. LOL

The second gut is full of big hand-size pogies/shad popping the water everywhere and there are a hundreds of pelicans feeding and even a frigate bird.
I saw no evidence of apex predators like dolphins, sharks, or jacks.
I threw plastics, 51 mirrolures, and spoons with no hits.

I'll probably go back later this evening and give it another shot.

·
Banned
1,252 Posts
i bet it was that same dang school of fish i found out on greens popping slicks everywhere and i swear i hit the head of the school at least 2 times without a bite...dang flounder...lol

good report kenny

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Let me know if that therapy works. I am down in my back too. Not the Shallow Sport. LOL It actually started in my Robalo. I am going to therapy at TIRR in the morning, but would prefer the surf.
kenny said:
I decided it was probably theraputic to go wade fishing this afternoon. LOL
I fished 2:00-4:00 without any bites.

The tide was in and the seaweed wasn't a factor. The water is sandy green with decent visibility the wind is more SE and less East about 8-10mph and there's some chop but no wave hopping. LOL

The second gut is full of big hand-size pogies/shad popping the water everywhere and there are a hundreds of pelicans feeding and even a frigate bird.
I saw no evidence of apex predators like dolphins, sharks, or jacks.
I threw plastics, 51 mirrolures, and spoons with no hits.

I'll probably go back later this evening and give it another shot.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'll bet if you stayed around till about 6pm you would have hammered the trout. A few of us went last friday afternoon with about the same conditions. I got in the water at 5 and didn't catch my first trout till 5:25. Still real slow till 6 and then all heck broke loose. We ended up catching around 50 fish...alot of dinks but managed 13 keeper trout and 5 spanish macks. We were fishing the surf at access road #6. I think the bite is real early and real late in the surf with the temps hot all day.....imo.....

·
Registered
120 Posts
not today

I worked the same area And threw until dark with only 2 blow ups on super spook I worked first and second gut with everything from mirror lures to ttk's with nada I couldn't believe I didn't hamer them everything seemed perfect water movement , bait movement, Slicks popping Oh well that's why they call it fishing and not catching I'm still disappointed I was salavating when I hit the end of 61st and saw all those pelicans diving and the conditions I just knew it was time for a limit tightlines

1 - 8 of 8 Posts