2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard any new news about what is going on with our ex-Post Office?
Are we going to be stuck from now on with the mobile unit ever afternoon for two hours? :mad:

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understood that there were two bids for a USPS contract office. I know Gay has one in to continue at the current location. One of the office spaces behind the Valero would make a great place for one. What do people in Sea Isle, Isla Del Sol, Terramar do for postal service? Does the stupid mobile unit go to each place for two hours?

I mean for gosh sakes, the West end does pay 40% of Galveston taxes. Seems like we could get out PO back!

·
Registered
19,248 Posts
Kenny

We at Tiki have the same zip as the west end of galveston. whats yalls zip 77554 ?
I tried to get one here at Tiki but its not gonna happen. I got it approved to use Tiki Island as a mailing address and not Galveston a few years back. Thats about as far as they would go. Now no post office ?

Charlie

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
No, the mobile unit does not come out to Sea Isle. What is the schedule for the mobile unit in Jamaica Beach? Do they offer full service?

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
mobile unit does not offer full service. it is for the people who had post office boxes in the post office itself. they have added more postal boxes for those people behind city hall. when the new boxes are ready to be used the mobile unit will be no longer.

·
Just an old ?
6,830 Posts
kenny said:
I What do people in Sea Isle, Isla Del Sol, Terramar do for postal service? Does the stupid mobile unit go to each place for two hours?

I mean for gosh sakes, the West end does pay 40% of Galveston taxes. Seems like we could get out PO back!
Kenny,

It's a mere 18 miles from my house in Sea Isle to the post office at 59th and Broadway. I guess they don't think that distance is too much of an inconvenience.

The new one will probably go in at Pirates Beach. After all, everything about life west of the Seawall revolves around the po' folks in Pirates Beach.

Tom

·
On the Water We're All the Same
1,016 Posts
We had an inside box at JB. We now have a new box behind City Hall. They have some large boxes that they will put your parcel in with a key to that box in yours, if that makes sense. If you want stamps or to mail something besides a stamped letter you have to go to the Pack & Mail at Pirates Beach or into Galveston.

·
Registered
711 Posts
After attending the last meeting re: the PO fiasco, I have real doubts that we will see a new post office on the West End anytime in the near future. The PO buggy at JB is a joke. The are not even close to full service.

We have surrendered to doing all our postal business at 59th and Broadway. It's probably the destiny of it all anyway, so we're trying to adjust to the likely future.

JMHO

POG

1 - 11 of 11 Posts