2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't want to fish this weekend but never turn down a chance to get out. Neighbor and I tried the lights around Tiki from about 3am to 5am, just dink trout. Met Medula, his son and Capn at the dock at 5. Drifted and anchored Swan Lake till around 8, buddy caught a 22 in red then nada. We moved to the Galv. channel, second spot started catching big sandies and undersized specks then an 17 in speck. Shortly after that the guard whistled for us and made us move. Guess if anyone can make you move a certain piace of water, it's the Coast Guard. We were behind the pilings but only one had a sign on it and we didn't see it till we moved. Dang, out at 11 with nothing else. Oh yea, the wind was mentioned in a previous post SSW at about 5
Amazing to me the people still lined up to go fish at 11 in the heat of the day.
Big boat took 3 today, getting better.

·
will fish for work
287 Posts
was that the galveston channel bridge?

is it alright to fish the bridge at night? the coast guard told you to leave the area?

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn't at the bridge, I was in a small beach like area between the ferry landing and the coast guard station. There are some concrete platforms you are not supposed to go past but there is only a sign on one of them. If you're talking about the causeway bridge, you are not supposed to be by any of the construction barges but the rest is ok.
I hate being forced to move when I finally find some fish!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts