2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Starboard List
1,882 Posts
Congrats kenny! I love catching reds on tops! I may have to learn west bay. Galveston bay has been pretty slow for me this year. I havent had much luck other than a trout here and there. It's been weird not nearly the amount of action i had last year.
--Hop

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fishin geezer,
I use 'em all but the one in the pic is a shedog clown. Waters offcolor so I'm throwing loud and dark or garish.
Reds usually don't miss, they pound it, but if they do I just wait and they will turn and blast it again.
The trout bite all summer here has been a bit tentative, lots of slaps and halfhearted strikes. I really don't know why??
The NE wind has pushed the tides a bit higher than normal which gets the reds rooting around the edges of the flooded grass.

·
Gig 'em '00
981 Posts
Hey, Kenny,

Whats the weather doing down there right now? What does West Bay look like? What's the wind doing? I am trying to decide if it is worth heading down to West Bay and fishing this evening and tomorrow AM....

·
MOD V Slave
447 Posts
I was in Xmas Bay from 6a-12p today. tides were higher than normal, NE wind was a real B*tch to paddle against going out (10-18mph). Passes and channels held blue green water. Xmas was muddy as all get out. Boat traffic was heavy than expected..musta been the nice weather. Frisky bait jumpin' in channels corresponding with the tidal movement. Tomorrow should be a 4 tide day I think. Saturday will likey be a better day for fishin' than today was...weather/wind wise that is. I'll post up my complete report later. Way too tired now....did catch fish though!!

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fished this evening and caught a few reds with my fishing partner. It's amazing how the wind switched to onshore and layed and the bay settled out so fast. Slick calm this evening and the water is in great shape( I can't believe it because at mid day it was trashed and off color). A cool and beautiful sunset on West Bay. Four tide day tomorrow and the fishing should be great! We'll see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts