2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Grand Master of Thread Kill
1,515 Posts
rjohnson

nailed it. i've spent a little time in sweetwater. the only outlet is about 1/2 mile east of the end of 8 mile road (back towards 61st street bridge). the neck coming outa it to the bay is about 8 ft deep in some places. the back of the lake comes all the way up to the gun range. used to flounder back there before they closed the gun range road to everyone except clients. :cry:

that was the beginning of the end of my galveston experience. can't really blame them tho. the "fishermen" kept throwing their trash all over the place. i picked up when i went, but i guess it wasn't enough.

be very careful if you try to take a boat in there. the channel changes and is quite narrow in places.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sound right Sweetwater..thank you guys for the info. Heard it holds pretty good trout fishing in the deep cuts lately...but did not know how to get there...Sounds like a tricky boat ride for some one who knows the area very well..novices beware!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Hummm, upper west holding trout in deep water during the summer? Well, just reverse the pattern and now you have a great winter time spot on those nasty northers...Hope no one gets upset on that advice lol...

Tim

Ps. Poppin, you been reading ***? All those deep guts near s. of confed towards sweet are good now...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.