2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put the Flatscat in the water this afternoon. It was only the second time since surgery five weeks ago.
Motored over, picked up my fishing partner and headed around the corner to check out a few South shore coves for birds.

Hit a nice group about 5:00 and picked up some small keeper-size trout on 1/8oz. green/gold flake/red tail BA's. The water was decent with maybe 16-18" visibility.

Then we moved West and did some drifts with plastics and topwaters. A few small fish but nothing on top.

As the sun hit the horizon the birds started working everywhere in the coves and we caught some more fish with only a few under-size.

Pard. finally caught a 22" trout on a chart/pearl/chart. Shedog. All fish released.
It wasn't dynamite fishing, but it was pure heaven for me after not fishing much or running the boat for some time.

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
Glad to hear ya got out Kenny, and happy your able to.... I know you missed fishin for a while......

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Sounds good

Should be another few weeks at the outside before it just flat blows up in West Bay. One more cold front needed, please.....

Nice report.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Good report

Good to here your getting out and finding fish.

Kenny I used a new top water today and got a few blow ups on it.
I liked the action on real smooth water. It's not as loud as a Top Dog jr. and doesn't cast as well, was looking for something with a differend action.

I don't remember the name of it.
Do you know brand this is. Bought it a while back and just used it today.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Forgat the picture

lure???

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shore is pretty!!
I'm not sure but I think its either a Tsunami or a Gamatsu.
I bought one too the other day in chart/pearl.
I know, I know, I'm trying to quit!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts