2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you everybody for staying out of my way this morning. I guess everyone was in the surf or watching the demolition.

Felt like I had all of lower West Bay to myself. Not so much as a ripple on the water from wind. Silence was only temporarily interupted by various flushing noises and drag strips.

Thanks everyone!

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
My phone didn't ring? :D It was flat as granny's behind, Troy ... I don't know why I pass some of the prettiest days to do 'chores'. Well, the week's just begun! So, do any good or did ya just enjoy the serenity?

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
It was kind of erie, NOT! I figured everyone was at the beachfront, scared off by the rain, or watching the World Cup pre-game show. LMAO

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You guys are brutal.

It was a spook jr. in bone and about knee deep water on the tail end of the incoming tide. Hard sand bottom. Lots and lots of mullet. Some happy and some not so happy.

Only had about 2.5 hours to fish, so It was a quicky. Got to my spot and immediately had a toilet flush. Played it for awhile and as it got close it let go. It was a solid fish, whatever it was. Never came out of the water, so I am thinking redfish. Oh well, it was a good start.

Soon I had another borderline red on, then a couple trout at about 21. Then about fifteen feet from me I had the blowup I had been waiting for. You know the one.

I had been watching the bait getting blasted about and harrassed for awhile but had been able to get the culprit. Should I put on a jig? Hell no. I thought for sure I had what I was casting for.

Line stretch, drag pull....It was looking good. Eventually turned out to be another red at about 21. Slight disappointment.

All fish were released.

·
Haynie HO/Merc ProXS
797 Posts
Troy. I think we may have been in the same place, maybe? Did a boat with a Black bimini top anchor down from you? I was wading the opposite end by myself. Was that you wading alone? Do you run what looked like a small skiff?

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
It was a spook jr. in bone and about knee deep water on the tail end of the incoming tide. Hard sand bottom. Lots and lots of mullet. Some happy and some not so happy

Thats how I found some big trout in early June. Shadowing the pods of mullet in a foot of water. I didn't have any reds though. Great bait, but the past couple of months when the wind picks up I go to the pearl skitterwalk with some cutom paint. You gotta love the blowup right on top of you, gets the heart going, takes all you have not to set the hook early when they are that close.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Ghost,
That was me wading the other end I bet. It took me a while to figure out that the fish were in deeper water off the drop. I caught six nice trout on a 51mr.
I waved a guy( who had been wading) over in the boat down the way so he could catch a few too. He pulled anchor and slowly motored East instead.
Good report Troy. I guess we were the two not in the surf.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ghost...not me. Maybe kenny. There was one boat off in the distance, but that was it. And I thnk he was attempting to drift (with no wind). It was bizarre for it to be like that on a weekend. But, I am not complaining.
I've really become attached to my little spook...Lol!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts