2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes it was a tough day on the bay. i went on a solo trip sunday just to have the day to myself & clear my head. didn't get on the water until 8:30 made it to my 1st stop which was a deep reef around north deer island. threw salt/pepp/trues, glow/trues, black/trues, pump/trues plastics without any bumps. started out slooowly dragging & bumping the bottom to very quick jerks of the bottom but they were not ready to eat. moved around to a few other reefs but it was preety much the same results. i went back to my trusted spot around north a the bait was starting to get active & thats when my luck changed caught 6 trout with only one being a keeper & 2 flounder with one keeper. these fish are hanging around the reefs with deeper water around them, i fished the side that had the most tide flowing with the little we had sunday. the tide was the lowest i've seen it in a while so anyone thats going to try around noth deer island be carefull. i seen a scb with 4 or 5 guys on it doing a little prop damage. my dargel really suprised witth as shallow as i had to run to get to my spot. i was off the water by 5:30, here are a few pics one from a previous trip.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts