2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much deliberation , hand ringing , and begging of the CFO ( wife ) , I'm the newest owner of the Canon 7D . I wanted something to capture my kids in their youth sports in high and low light situations.

I'm in complete awe of the quality you guys are able to get and aspire to even get close.

Thanks for the inspiration .

Troy

·
Super Moderator
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Question

I spent the weekend in the Hiicountry and it didn't take long to find out that additional lenses will be needed for low light situations . I will be trying to capture a few of Disney's 5 Millions lights in a couple weeks .

This will be the final trip to see Mickey , so I would like to get good shots.

What lense would you add for night time shooting ?

Thanks in adance .

·
5,853 Posts

·
Super Moderator
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Ya'll !

I just ordered the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM from B&H.

The good news is that I saved $286 ( tax & discount ) rather than going to Best Buy.

Looks like I'll be sleeping with the camera and Lens in the garage for a while ........lol.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts

The good news is that I saved $286 ( tax & discount ) rather than going to Best Buy.

Looks like I'll be sleeping with the camera and Lens in the garage for a while ........lol.
Very good choice. You can go onto Pbase.com and see what kind of pictures that particular lens can take.

http://www.pbase.com/cameras/canon/ef_70200_28is

·
Charter Member
5,935 Posts
Congrats, Troy. I love mine. It is a little on the heavy side, but keep using it and you will get used to it, or have to head to the gym! :)

Mine seemed heavy at first but I slowly got used to it. Now, I don't event think about it and use it all day.

Last weekend at the McDonalds Texas Invitational, I shot 6000 pics (3 days) with that lens. Over 4000 (2 days) previously at the TAPPS State Volleyball Championships.
This past weekend, I shot another 4000 (2 days) at the Texas Jamboree boys basketball showcase held at Strake Jesuit. I'm getting pretty used to it now. :)
Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts