2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After way to long of an absence I've returned to 2cool and want all my old friends know how I faired with MR.IKE....He took all I had and kept going with 8-9 ft surge it sucked out all our clothes,shoes,and dressers it was an amazing show of nature's strenth and what water can do....I am still numb with awe at what my Island I've called home endured. We were going to stay and ride it out at my mom's house on 49th & R1/2 it has endured all previous storms as I am told it was built in 1902 by JJ Sudela and sons. The morning of the storm we were awakened by my cell-phone ringing,it was my bro-in law he's GFD 20+ yrs urging myself,wife, and 2 older sisters to leave.We were all determined to stay put and ride-out Ike, well I could hear the worry in his voice as he told me that the City was dead serious about the mandatory evac-order. He also told me that Offatts Bayou was already flooding Bayou Shore Drive !! I got up and hurriedly dressed an as I walked outside my mom's house I got an weird feeling,I could hear a roaring sound, but there was no wind blowing at all !! Then I remembered Alicia when she roared in and thought OMG its the beach water, I called to my wife and said "lets take a ride down the seawall...as we approached the seawall we were shocked to be able to see the waves cresting from 2-3 blocks away over the height of the rise of the roadways leading to the seawall. When we drove up we could see the wave crashing into the seawall and splashing up 20+ ft in the air i thought "HOLY!##%" we are OUTTA HERE and we left by 10:30 am headed for Huntsville....I am now living in Hitchcock with my brother and am so glad we left before Ike showed up......and I thank God for what we have left....

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,167 Posts
yes, at the last minuite my friend called and said im in winnie you want me to come get ya, last chance , i said yea, stayed near brenham 18 days, got back 2 days ago, cleaned and cloroxed 10 hours straight , not even to eat, but had a few cold one before bed, got up at 6 am only to see a guy already walkin by drinkin!, got after it again, finished cleaning for another day will be at it around 6am again, when i woke up this am it was like it really wasnt happening ! cant say enough for the armed forces here salvation army red cross cruising the hoods passing out hot meals etc,, right on!!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Andy, Praise the Lord !!! We thank God that you and Tammy and your family are alive .

KNOW that we love you and if you need us we are a prayer and a phone call away.
Tom and laura

·
Done Wit Dat
7,538 Posts
Andy, I sure am glad to hear y'all are safe and I'm glad to see you back on the board. I'll never forget you taking your time to try to help me through a car problem when you didn't really know me from Adam. I sure hope that if you need anything from anyone, you ask here first. If there's one thing 2cool is great for, it's helping our folks when they are most in need. - Sandy

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
Andy, it is so good to hear from you! I second everything Tom, Laura, and Sandy said. If you need ANYTHING you have my number. I know asking for help isn't really your style, but we faired much better than you, and want to help. I have wanted to head down to find you and a few other's that have been on my mind, and in my prayers, but I dont think they will let us in.

Thanks for checking in, and keep in touch ok?
Trudy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts