1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
355 Posts
TBS... try, try again!

·
Borders, language, culture
6,342 Posts
Yeah, I don't get it either. Looks like his dorsal fin may be further back than usual?

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
It's so weird I don't even know how to describe it...JJ

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
if you can guess whats weird about it, PM me and I will tell you if your right or wrong...JJ

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm. I couldn't downsize the image enough, and had no idea I submitted the post before I turned in for the evening. At any rate, it was a largemouth bass with a small mouth - almost looked like the mouth of a rainbow trout. I'll try to resize again tonight.

Mark

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Definitely not a spotted bass or Guadalupe bass. I talked with some other guys that fish the lake and they have caught the same thing. I'm guessing it's some type of hybrid that was stocked in this lake - just not sure of the other fish. It was caught from a neighborhood lake near my in-law's place.

Mark

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
i caught a fish in a farm pond on a topwater lure that had whiskers and a mouth like a catfish, but the coloring and marking of a bass. very agressive and fought well

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
boat_money said:
i caught a fish in a farm pond on a topwater lure that had whiskers and a mouth like a catfish, but the coloring and marking of a bass. very agressive and fought well
dude, thats weird. I wanna catch one..... JJ

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
BottomedOut said:
nothins wierd about it do i get the grand prize?
dangit! your a good guesser...LOL.. nope, no prize for you BRO! but I need to go over to your place and get my CD's from you. You've had 'em tooooooooooooo long...JJ

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
boat_money said:
Boatmoney-That sounds like a grinnel(bowfin,mudfish)...got a mouth full of choppers,jump like a sailfish,kinda "tubular" in shape?Caught a few canoeing in cypress swamps...fun and different for sure.They are prehistoric and are air gulpers like garfish.

·
We all have it coming......
8,788 Posts
NightTrain said:
Boatmoney-That sounds like a grinnel(bowfin,mudfish)...got a mouth full of choppers,jump like a sailfish,kinda "tubular" in shape?Caught a few canoeing in cypress swamps...fun and different for sure.They are prehistoric and are air gulpers like garfish.
They love topwaters too.:D Used to catch them all the time when we were kids.

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
TXPalerider said:
They love topwaters too.:D Used to catch them all the time when we were kids.
Yup...they also will render a spinnerbait useless...throw it in the trash!:eek:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts