2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 616 Posts

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....to make that New Years resolution to lose the pounds in 2010? I am in, and have two goals set for the first 6 months. 25 lbs by the end of March, and 20 lbs more by the end of June. Eating healthy, and exercising several days a week, and most important is the desire to make a change, and you could look like a new you in no time at all. So who else is making this resolution for 2010?

·
Banned
26,320 Posts
Blah, Blah, Blah.....I'm taking up smoking again (three packs a day this time), going to drink more, lead a more sedentary lifestyle, & the only exercise I'm planning on is prying my *** off the couch to waddle across the house to the fridge for another beer & a piece of fried chicken...:eek:

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, real constructive response and hijack, if it doesn't interest you then keep your thoughts to yourself please.

So lets try this again, who is going to try to get in better shape this new year?

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
I have to do something, I'm at critical mass. Good bye Kolache it's been a great run...doughnuts I'm going to miss you too we had many a good morning together. Blue Bell pints you're going to be the real heart breaker we had such a good thing going but I can barely fit into my nomex and something must be done.

·
Inbetween boats,need a ride!!
113 Posts
Just hit 255lbs Im in, havent had a coke in a week, it freakin' sux. I dont miss beer this much !!!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I went and got my last breakfast burito from El Napalero this morning. When i told them that was the last one they let me have it for free and layed off 2 cookssad4sm. I have got to get started on this. I am holding my weight now i just have to get it to turn and go down. One big problem is the new guys i get on my shift in Jan. are all good cooks.

Jason

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yep, I'm in. Changed careers in Jun 09, moved into the office in front of the computer. I put on 15 lbs so fast I couldn't believe it. I'm up to 275, heaviest ever. I already changed my schedule at work to make time for the gym.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Count me in! Did it 3 years ago and lost 60 lbs. Held it off for 2 years and this past year gained it all back + a couple extra here and there.... Gotta get back to the fightin' weight once again. Just keeps getting harder and harder...

·
Tiny is Gone... Hi, My Name is ROGER
5,886 Posts
I'm in fo sho'. I not going to have an excuse, my wife is getting a GB in February so... there won't be a lot of crud in the house to be eatin anyways.. I have swith back to bud Select, but this time it's Select 55.. it's kinda like watered down Bud select, but you get used to it. My goal is 75 pounds by this day, one year from now.

Ohh.... Starting Monday!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'm just going to try and keep mine going. Lost 32 lbs this last year. Going to try and lose another 30 this year maybe more. Quit drinking, no bad carbs, lots of lean meat, no fried food, etc. I don't look at like a diet, more like a lifestyle change. Just get going, get a few weeks under your belt and don't stop. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Im in,

My goal is to break the 200 mark. Havent been under 200 #s since i was 18.

Starting weight is #225, so 25#s is gonna be hard, but im gonna try.

Guess that means all the cookies , beer and ice cream have to be ate up today

·
Fishing :you must be present to win.
2,161 Posts
gonna stop drinking after the new year, that should account for at least 20 pounds. LOL :eek:hwell:

been running for sometime now, but still need to lose some pounds. I don't like to use the new year for making resolutions, but the whiskey drinking has got to stop. (my wife says so too) :p

i'll be cutting out refined sugars, lower carbohydrates, eating more salads

good luck to everyone! like said above don't look at it as a diet, but a lifestyle...

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
I was 252 lbs a month ago. I've dropped a few pounds just by eating smaller and healthier meals and by cutting sodas out of my daily diet. I need to drop another 40 or so though.

·
Twitch..Twitch--->Boom
5,311 Posts
Im in for sure. I could loe a few myself for sure. Eat healthier, gym, cutting cokes, snacks, and sugars out.

·
Banned
26,320 Posts
Nice, real constructive response and hijack, if it doesn't interest you then keep your thoughts to yourself please.

So lets try this again, who is going to try to get in better shape this new year?[/

Just kidding Deke. My sweetheart will be cooking healthier for the new year & that means if I want to eat, I'll be eating better. Also, my son came back home from OU & will be going to U-H this Spring & has encouraged me to work out 3-4 days a week with him. I could stand to drop 25 lbs & know that doing these things will make me feel better & give me more energy. :walkingsm

·
Geeps
1,489 Posts
Blah, Blah, Blah.....I'm taking up smoking again (three packs a day this time), going to drink more, lead a more sedentary lifestyle, & the only exercise I'm planning on is prying my *** off the couch to waddle across the house to the fridge for another beer & a piece of fried chicken...:eek:
I like this response better...:rotfl:

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Me to ! I dont get it it must just be age. I dont drink I dont smoke I sure dont have a dent in my couch. But Id like to loose 45 lbs I cant go below 200 or I look sick :mpd:I did in the last divorce LOL! Good Luck Guys and Gals!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Mee Tooo

I tried this by betting myself that I couldn't lose down to 210 by April 15 (two years ago ) and hold it untill april 30th. If I won I rewarded myself with a $500 check that was earmarked for guided trip to the coast. I made the deadline barely, and I didn't weight until the 30th, again barely made the cut. However I failed miserably the next week, and refused the check.

My point is this: with your encouragment and support I'm going to try again. I propose a group trip to reward us if we make our targets. Lets keep this post going with updates.....

1 - 20 of 616 Posts