2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we just got our new boat and i had to work this weekend. please somebody tell us that it was rough out there this weekend. anybody got any reports?

i've got vacation days to burn and i'm in need of some good seas to go. hope the weather gods give me what i need. ha ha.

bone and kim

·
Academy Sports & Outdoors Manager
1,249 Posts
I talked to a guy at the carwash in Surfside Sat who said Fri was really big surf.
My son went to the beach for a while Sat afternoon, and said it chopped up pretty good. Winds were around 15 knots I think.

·
Banned
407 Posts
Went out on Sunday, braved it to the first rigs on an east heading, waited for a while for "things to calm down", rig hopped, picked up some ling, variety of snappers and lots of bruises. It was rough.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Bone, it wasn't that bad. Yes, there were 3' seas, but the period was a little longer than usual(3 sec). At the jetties they were stacked very close, but after missing the last few weekends I needed a fix.

We went towards flower gardens, which was predicting 1-2' seas, but forecast was wrong again. Anyway, we did catch several nice groupers, a few snappers, AJ, and only 1 BFT. Most caught in 300-350' of water. Stopped at one of our sometimes good snapper holes on the way in (100') yesterday, no takers. We saw a pretty nasty storm brewing to the west so we did not stay long, and actually stayed right along the boundry of it for 20 miles. Hope no one got caught in it.

So IMO I think fishing was a little slow except for 1 hole that had the groupers. Maybe some one else on the trip can tell you the exact names of these different fish. A couple of them were new to me.

·
Freelance Gynocolgist
727 Posts
bp thanks again for the trip, was a pleasure to fish with ya'll! I think the names were one horse eye jack, one almaco jack, and a few snowy groupers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts