2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, is it a wash out, or should I say wave out?? Buoyweather says 6 footers, that's an ender for me.

·
Senior Member, do I get a discount?
1,920 Posts
Great, my inlaws are in town and i was hoping to sneek off. **** guess i will have to try to come out to the plant!

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,391 Posts
I am getting a forecast for 2-3 within 20 miles and 2-4 20 to 40 miles for Saturday and 2-3 on Sunday.

And matagorda beach cam doesn't look too bad. I am going to watch the forecast and might chance a short run Sunday morning. I will just have to wait and see. I have been told before that after a front things normally smooth off.

I have been out every weekend for almost two months so I would hate to miss this week.

·
Kamikaze
4,591 Posts
GMZ350-355-122130-
WATERS FROM FREEPORT TO THE MATAGORDA SHIP CHANNEL OUT 20 NM-
WATERS FROM HIGH ISLAND TO FREEPORT OUT 20 NM-
1030 AM CDT THU AUG 12 2004

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT

THIS AFTERNOON
NORTH WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET.

TONIGHT
NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET.

FRIDAY AND SATURDAY
NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 3
FEET.

SUNDAY
EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET.

MONDAY
EAST WINDS AROUND 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET.

·
Registered
518 Posts
My Prediction is a stay ashore this weekend. I am not taking any chances with my people. I cancelled .. It is not worth it taking peoples money and then all of them being sick. It would be do-able to me without the wind.
I can go out in 6'ters myself but, There will be better days ahead. Better to wait it out. With the gulf you never know could be beautiful then again could be a real wet ride & Rocky.
10-15kts. humm maybe 3's - 4 with 5 rollers.
Thats the way it has been lately last weekend was a real rocky ride and had a few people sick. I normally will not even bother with the bouy it is wrong more than right. Just my OP though.
Let's see how bad you wanta fish.[:)] I have seen boats big ones get to the jetties and then turn around.Mine is 26 and I am not doing it. You just never know.
Lynn and CB
Next weekend maybe a whole lot better..[:)]

·
Gig 'em '00
986 Posts
Its tough to say no when you only get to fish on sat and sun. because you never know what it is going to look like unless you go!

Last sat was supposed to be nice and it was brutal out of Galveston. So maybe this saturday will be nicer than its supposed to be. But I guess we did have a nice run of flat weekends before last Sat.

It is hard to say no.....

·
Back in da Saddle
10,153 Posts
This weekend is a Blow out unless your in a 40' ride!!! period ... this front is stronger and will last longer than the Last and that mean's Sunday will still see 15 plus gusting at the coast!!!

john

·
Registered
186 Posts
Give'em a break for a weekend.

Hey Wahoo,

Just go gamblin' and leave those poor fish alone for a weekend. I'm headed to Richland Chambers to bust a few hundred white bass and enjoy the nice weather. I'll be back at it next weekend.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Yes it bites don't it. It is VERY Hard to say NO and cannot.. I do know the feeling about Sat and Sundays .. Like I said hopefully next weekend will be alot better[:)]
I can take the rain just not the wind. We go outta freeport and last weeknd we fished 45 miles south and we did see a few white caps and rocky.
If you guy's go have a safe trip and catch lots of fish.

·
Registered
309 Posts
GMZ250-255-130330-
COASTAL WATERS BAFFIN BAY TO PORT ARANSAS OUT 20 NM-
COASTAL WATERS PORT ARANSAS TO MATAGORDA SHIP CHANNEL OUT 20 NM-
430 PM CDT THU AUG 12 2004

TONIGHT
NORTH WIND 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET.

FRIDAY
NORTHEAST WIND 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET.

FRIDAY NIGHT
NORTHEAST WIND 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET.

SATURDAY
NORTHEAST WIND NEAR 15 KNOTS BECOMING EAST. SEAS 3 TO 5
FEET.

SATURDAY NIGHT
EAST WIND 10 TO 15 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHEAST LATE.
SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET.

SUNDAY
NORTHEAST WIND 10 TO 15 KNOTS BECOMING EAST. SEAS 3 TO 5
FEET.

·
Twisted Fisher
279 Posts
Folks thinking about heading out Saturday, I'll wager Sat. will be closer to 4-6 with a few 7's, Sunday 3-5 with a few 6's. Not a pretty weekend and not worth the risk. We've got some better days ahead. Should be nice by Tuesday.....work Saturday, take off Tuesday.

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Then don't go..

wahoo said:
Its tough to say no when you only get to fish on sat and sun. because you never know what it is going to look like unless you go!

Last sat was supposed to be nice and it was brutal out of Galveston. So maybe this saturday will be nicer than its supposed to be. But I guess we did have a nice run of flat weekends before last Sat.

It is hard to say no.....
I agree with Wahoo because you never know until you get out there. If you guys go by what the noaa "projections" are, you might as well play roulette with a loaded pistol. The only bit of accuracy is the surfcam, which is totally misleading with a north wind. Last weekend for example, I took my wife in what was supposed to be 2' or less seas, and although we caught a few fish, I do believe I can never get her to go out again. I dont know, just my 2 cents.

·
Back in da Saddle
10,153 Posts
Bp get them Boys a Can of wax and extra rags and tell them get to work!!!!

Oh yea you need to remove that Kat a Lac sig ... and change it to "going finning"!!!
....John

1 - 18 of 18 Posts