2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Addicted Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a great weekend for fishing that started Friday midday after work. Friday, I took a co-worker (Flounder Seeker)and my nephew out to fish for some Flatties and reds. Well they were not disappointed. We went to a few of my favorite spots searching. The third spot is the one that produced the flounder. Fishing with Live mullet we managed to catch one short of our 3 man limit, although we did throw back anything under 15". Then we found the reds on a spot that I usually pick up a couple. The flounder were in less than 2' of water.

Saturday Flounder Seeker and I fished a Tourney in Chocolate Bayou to help the Flounder Population. The first spot we hit produced all of the quality fish for the day. My partner caught the only flounder of the day just shy of 16" not big enough for the longest flounder and not short enough for the shortest flounder. I caught the second place red fish with 3 spots @27 1/4". We also pulled some Quality trout from this spot. This being only my second time to fish in that area, I believe we did OK. The Tourney was held at Lutes Marine.

Sunday I was back out on the lake for a half day trip. My buddy wanted to catch some flounder for the grill, so that is what we will get. We started out at about noon with plenty of mullet from the spot and headed to the same place as I picked up the flounder on Friday………Well they were not there. So the search is on. Second spot……nothing, third spot nota, fourth spot blank………I'm thinking by now that Bob and Viki from the fish spot has done jinxed me by telling my buddy that he would definitely bring some fish back from going with me…….lol…..they have a lot of faith in me……but that was not the case. I did finally find the flounder and they were some fatties…largest 21" smallest @ 17" along with some solid reds. Man I just love fishing Moses Lake…

1 - 1 of 1 Posts