2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tabula Rasa
11,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took advantage of Black Friday and purchaed a miter saw and table saw for upcoming projects. First up is the garage renovation (to an extent) Trodery has inspired many ! Anyway, first item up is a 12 ' workbench. Took down peg board and cleared a path and me and my bro-n-law knocked it out. Got the peg board back up (not shown) and is looking good. Also started prep for a flagstone patio. Removed the grass and put down crushed limestone and tamped. Sand and flagstone will be next weekend (hopefully) and filled in with decomposed granite. Then it's on to the deck. Can't wait for that project. Will be a first but looking forward to the challenge.

Attachments

·
DeadEyeDean
1,500 Posts
You have a good head start on me, this are exactly two projects that I am trying to get going, work bench and small patio to move my smoker onto.

I bought the chop saw this weekend at Home Depot for 69 bucks, 10 in Ryobi Miter Saw, couldn't pass it up.

Now I just need to know where to buy some motivation.

This helps.

Oh, forgot to ask, where did you get the limestone and where do you plan on getting the decomposed granite?

·
Tabula Rasa
11,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have a good head start on me, this are exactly two projects that I am trying to get going, work bench and small patio to move my smoker onto.

I bought the chop saw this weekend at Home Depot for 69 bucks, 10 in Ryobi Miter Saw, couldn't pass it up.

Now I just need to know where to buy some motivation.

This helps.

Oh, forgot to ask, where did you get the limestone and where do you plan on getting the decomposed granite?
I live in Pflugerville / Austin. There's a landscaping place in Round Rock and they have all the stone, limestone, decomposed granite.

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
good lookin' start...but we're gonna have to do sumthin' about that FENCE.:biggrin:

·
OllllO
8,874 Posts
To get that fence looking new again... wash it with a pressure washer, let dry for a couple days and then spray with a wood preservative, she will stay new looking for at least a year!

·
Professional Salesman
9,758 Posts
To get that fence looking new again... wash it with a pressure washer, let dry for a couple days and then spray with a wood preservative, she will stay new looking for at least a year!
I'm glad that you are not my next door neighbor.

A couple of doors down would be cool, but not next door, would make me look real bad (power wash and wood preservative every year?).

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
It's all your fault Trodery with that stinkin' garage pic. LOL
Look what you've started. You are making us all look bad and feel guilty!
Or maybe we just needed a little push! :eek:h:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts