2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Workin' OT tonight and Sunday night.Birfday dinner with the folks and a wedding to attend in between....but,I'm gonna try to slip in a drift or two,possibly Friday night.....Anybody else gonna fish?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Gotta work Friday nite, and Sunday, and already promised best friend (and possible one child) that I would take them hunting on the club Saturday. 'Sides, ain't got no boat :(

BTW, fresh venison in de freezer!!! dat backstrap sho wuz good for supper.

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mother Nature's plans overuled mine....Friday night about 11,I made the call to stay in,due to the fact that the fog was already gettin' thick.Turned out to be a good [email protected] 6:00am it was pea soup,can't-see-the -bow of the boat,can't tell up from down,thick.Sooo....there's always this week!:biggrin:

·
Registered
728 Posts
My fishin buddy Jerry went out on the James Saturday. He towed his Sea Ox to Newport News to put in at Hunnington Park ramp.... the fastest he could run (safely) was about 40 mph towing the boat in the fog.... he had a moron pass him and nearly kill them all... Jerry said the fog was so bad (at 8 am) that he couldn't see anything in the other lane... when the guy pulled out to pass him, he locked up the breaks on the truck and trailer... good he did, as there was another truck coming from the other direction without the first light on... he said the moron that pulled out to pass got back in with about 2" of room to spare from getting creamed head-on. I'm glad I stayed home.... I had to wet my pants on the way TO the boat ramp......

TT

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was thick alright...almost ran into the back of a school bus,Friday mornin',comin' home from work.It wasn't real bad 'til ya got around the lake,then...woooweee!Scary drivin' in that stuff....fishing "blind" isn't on my ''to do"list...:ac550:

·
Registered
728 Posts
I don't mind fishing blind, it's the getting TO and FROM the fishing hole that I don't like doing in the fog... Jerry (same guy I talked about earlier) told me about going out on the James once... fog rolled in so thick he couldn't see the anchor line where it went into the water... he and four others spent about 8 hours trying to find the shoreline... he was anchored just off the shipping channel which isn't bad if the boats can see you.... when the fog rolled in, he tried to find shallow water to anchor in until the fog moved out... I suppose they motored in circles trying to get to shore... this, of course, was in the day before GPS... when they finally found shallow water, they anchored and waited for daylight.... when the fog burned off they discovered they had traveled about 12 miles up river from where they were trying to go... it gets scarey when you can't see a thing in the fog... definitely a good time for a quality GPS or radar....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts