2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the better part of the end of last week fishing in the Aransas Pass/ Port Aransas area either with family, friends or clients.

Not much happened in my boat of any great note other than a few firsts for some folks.

Pablo's girlfriend hung her first saltwater fish on artificial as she fought and landed a high flying skipjack. WTG Anna!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More.....

SpeckBoy was working out all the kinks on his new boat and trying a little topwater trout action as well. Seems like he had a good day all the way around as the boat performed flawlessly and he managed several solid trout including these pigs.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More.....

Monday was a memorable trip with clients Allan and Nathaniel Meeks. Nathaniel is a go-gettin' little 6 year old and he ground it out all day with his Dad and I and we had plenty of action to keep him interested.

The trout action early in the morning near Mud Island was virtually non-stop for an hour and a half. Granted the fish were a little small but he was having a blast as he got to reel in and release many trout. Some hungry dolphins showed up for a little easy breakfast of released dink trout. This of course provided little Nathaniel with wide-eyed entertainment and plenty of stories to tell Mom and sisters when he gets back home. Here is a pic of Nathaniels first keeper trout. WTG Nathaniel

Attachments

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More......

After a little break in the heat of the day, we got back on the water and quickly located a big school of redfish. Nathaniel proved he was slowly evolving as a fisherman as he fought his first redfish all by himself. Welcome to your new addiction Nathaniel Meeks.

All in all, it was a relaxing weekend and my family reunion went off without a hitch (nobody fought with anyone else LOL). Felt a little weird fishing waters other than Baffin but had a blast anyway. Looking forward to doing it again real soon. Later, Aubrey

Attachments

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Great Report

Nice Job Pablo, errrr, I mean Aubrey. Great too see you getting back to the old school hang out. I hope your ears were burning last weekend cause we were discussing you AND ARANSAS PASS in the near future. LOL Great to see a kiddo smile, good job bro.

Zac

·
@Drew_Smoke
4,158 Posts
Pablo's gal sho' would be great for a fishing calender...ladyfish or not.....

·
Equine connoisseur
2,264 Posts
Yep, we had a good time. Here's my take on it:

FINALLY got to go fishing in AP Thurs & Fri. I'd been holding out because of all the wind reports...I don't do wind. LOL

My girlfriend and I met up with Aubrey Wed evening and made the trek to Los Comales for supper. Seabass, mmm, mmm, mmm.

After a few brewskies, great food and phone calls from jealous people who didn't get to fish, we turned in. Luckily, Aubrey was not in one of his 4am moods so we didn't exactly get an early start. We started out by Dagger Island, and proceeded to lay the smack down on world-class skipjacks and some gafftops with artificials. Anna hasn't done much fishing, so she got pretty excited about catching her first big skipjack. I would post up pictures, but she threatened me with testicular damage if I did. LOL

Aubrey, better wear a cup next time she sees ya!

Aubrey netted some mullet and we piddled around the Quarantine shoreline for a while, where Anna picked up the only keeper trout. Mud Island was a-calling, so Aubrey and I piled out there and waded for an hour or so. He strung 2 reds and released several more. I lost a nice one right in front of me. Note to self: keep the rod tip up.

Around 3, we cruised on over to the Back Porch Bar by Woody's and sat around for several hours discussing the world's problems. For a very refreshing adult beverage, I highly recommend this place. Fresh2Salt and one of his friends showed up later and they did WELL. I'll let James tell his story.

We went back to Casa de Bassfreeks, had a refreshing shower and ate dinner at Cove Harbor, which is now Hook something or other.

We didn't have much ambition Fri morning, the wind was getting it and the fish weren't cooperating. We only stayed out a couple of hours.

Aubrey, thanks for the hospitality my friend. I think Anna is hooked.

Zach, we need to get together dude.

Drew, she's definitely calendar material. As a matter of fact she used to...ah, never mind. No sense in getting you worked up. LOL

Adios,
Pablo

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,539 Posts
"Drew, she's definitely calendar material. As a matter of fact she used to...ah, never mind. No sense in getting you worked up. LOL"

Oh come on! Work us up. LOL!

TH

·
Old yellow member
2,273 Posts
WTG - Guys nice catch's all the way around..

Anybody want to take a brother fishing down there in AP the weekend of August 9th? I will be in CC that weekend for sure and might be able to sneak away for a few hours if so..

Pablo - Tell Anna we are going to do a poll on the rest of the pictures and you have no choice of the outcome. :rotfl:

Good to see the kids catching fish, that's what it's all about sometimes.

FN

·
Registered
511 Posts
Pablo !!!

Speaking of calendars -- I never even asked you about your girlfriend, although I wanted to. And all you could come up with is a maybe so line on a place to stay. Don't worry about the girlfriend -- you might want to watch yourself around me next time!! LOL Just glad to see you guys had a great time, and nice to know Speckboy's spending his money on the boat and not the girl -- I think the boat is less expensive and more relaxing than the last one. Just kidding Wes -- there's plenty of fish in the sea for you, especially with the nice new ride.
Lil Bit

1 - 13 of 13 Posts