2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
How big a boy are ewe.
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a cancellation late early friday on my part cuz of rain, decided late fridat at the last second to run up to the ranch. Pretty much worked all day sat. (ImfamousJ joined me at the last second) he and I went and sat in the stand to see if he could shoot some of my Aoudad's i can't seem to find (only on game cams). After he and I had looked thru 1500 pics friday night, this guy wasn't on a one. But can't tell you how I felt when this guy came out. The drop tine is at least 8-9 inches and he is starting one off the bottom of the left main beam. Also picked up the mounts from the Chelsey Campbell hunt last year....will attatch pics soon.

Attachments

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
Figured I'd check before bedtime. Glad you got them up. In my non-technical way of doing things, I tried to blow up the pic without looking to bad. Here it is. Fine specimen of a deer for the hill country. The deer on the far left in your first pic looks like it got a real bad tan. :)

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
Hello! I'd be happy to cull that monstrosity for a deluxe mexican dinner...LOL He looks like he may be out of that other buck you shot last year. Same frame w/a drop.

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
Haute Pursuit said:
Hello! I'd be happy to cull that monstrosity for a deluxe mexican dinner...LOL He looks like he may be out of that other buck you shot last year. Same frame w/a drop.
My exact words. Glad you noticed also. I am almost 100% it is. The buck he shot last year even has a bump on the right side where this deer has a drop. And they both had the small bump g4 on the left side also,,,, plus the 25" spread seems to match. LOL

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
What do you think 4.5? He has the belly for that but still looks thin from the front and no real pronounced brisket or roman nose yet.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Nice animal! Got to love drop tines! And he has still got a month to go...saweet!
Man, I have got to get South and put the cams out...

·
Registered
944 Posts
White eyes, long hair on the top of his head.. looks like he is carrying twins... been a great year for rain, not too hot or stressful this year so he will look younger than he is.. his neck won't thicken until he starts rubbing his antlers...I say 6 1/2+

·
We all have it coming......
8,792 Posts
I compared last years buck and this buck side by side and they are definitely very similar. But, I believe this buck is gonna have longer tines and whole lot more mass. Look at his pedicles! That dude has some bone coming out of his noggin!!

Awesome deer to be sure!!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
that's real nice

Boy the rain is doing wonders for the animals on top of any feeding program that people have implemented.

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
TXPalerider said:
I compared last years buck and this buck side by side and they are definitely very similar. But, I believe this buck is gonna have longer tines and whole lot more mass. Look at his pedicles! That dude has some bone coming out of his noggin!!

Awesome deer to be sure!!
He is definately has more mass. I predict a dirt nap in his future...LOL I still don't think he is over 4.5 though. Very impressive deer.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Nice buck Davis! Can't wait to come up and get a few picks of him. I know most people will say i am crazy, but he might be a good buck to let go and never kill.

·
How big a boy are ewe.
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
pacontender said:
Nice buck Davis! Can't wait to come up and get a few picks of him. I know most people will say i am crazy, but he might be a good buck to let go and never kill.
I am kinda agree with you, but will be hard if I'm in a tree with a bow and he comes walking by. How you been brother...call me soon. I got the mounts back from the Lazy Fork..they turned out great.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Seemorehinie said:
I am kinda agree with you, but will be hard if I'm in a tree with a bow and he comes walking by. How you been brother...call me soon. I got the mounts back from the Lazy Fork..they turned out great.
Awesome. Can't wait to see them. And, I wouldn't blame you if you killed him with a bow when he grows up. Maybe I will keep your rifle hostage just to keep it fair.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts