2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone goes from Clear Lake (Nasa Rd 1) to Greenspoint area as a daily commute.

I know it'll be a bit of a hike (formerly a Houston resident) but does anyone do it regularly?

Is it just a death sentence now? Commute time should be probably 6am leave Clear Lake, leave Greenspoint around 4.

Any advice is great.

Thanks,

Greg

·
OllllO
8,874 Posts
I found my wife a car pool friend by going to the Houston Metro website and searching for "ride share" or something similar... you should try that!

·
Registered
391 Posts
I used to make that drive about ten years ago.It wasn' that bad then,it was about 45 min at that time.But i did work the 6 to 3 shift.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey thanks for the rideshare link. Its not working on my computer now, but I'll certainly try again to see if anyone goes that way. Always good to split gas with a reliable person..

·
Registered
872 Posts
your looking at least a hour...i go from freindswood/alvin area to the lkea area...and most days its a little over a hour.... i need a new job....

·
All my friends say.....
7,365 Posts
I make most of that drive everyday. On 45 it will back up for no reason just before clear lake city blvd. At 6, it should not be that bad. It will roll all the way to airport/college, again, for no reason it will back up till the loop. Clear the loop and wide open again till about 1 or 2 miles from the 59 split. The pierce will be slow until you cross the bayou. After I-10 it will open up. Sometimes it will slow again at 610, then run pretty smooth all the way to the belt.

At that time in the morning, it should not be that bad. Coming home at 4, it will take longer. My guess is 10 to 15 minutes longer.

All this changes with one little fender bender.

If you can take the HOV, take it all the way into downtown. Once you get into downtown, stay straight on st. josephs parkway until the other end of downtown and you can get back up on 45 right at the bayou. When heading back home, take 45 to the bagby/pierce exit and run pierce across downtown to the HOV access just past 59 at dowling.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I will just say this:

I used to drive that every day leave at 5:30 from League City and leave work about 6:00 in the evening and it was not too bad for a while..... then it gradually got worse. I would end up going 59N to BW8 and head west on BW8 to Greenspoint and that was just as long but I was at least moving 70 the entire way.

The summer months are BRUTAL on Thursday and especially Friday heading south. It would seriously take me almost 2 hours on Fridays during summer. And if there is a wreck on any of the route.......... Get a hotel.

I will also tell you this: I sold the house in League City and moved just outside of downtown. Best thing I have ever done in getting a couple of hours a day back in my life. I could never go back to commuting that way again.

Right now I am on the west side of downtown and I go up 45 at 6:30 in the morning and it is not too bad but in the evening I go BW to 59S to 610 East to 45S and it actually saves me about 5 minutes. 45 is just nuts.

·
All my friends say.....
7,365 Posts
Once the kid goes off to college, fingers crossed, I will move in closer to town. I hate wasting about 2 hours every day that I could be doing something else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts