2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what are the weekend plans for the Bolivar Gang?

Figure Saturday will be a mad house if it is semi-flat, and most folks will be too hung over to fish Sunday. My plan A is to run East on Sunday at the crack of dawn. If its a strong NE, plan B will to head SSW. If its real calm on Saturday, I may leave out on Saturday evening.

I think Wet Dreams is running Thursday and Saturday. What about Joker and the Galveston Boys?

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
did you makie it out last Sunday?

I'm prolly headed to Port Mansfield this w/e for fishing and dove blasting. Not sure if'n we'll be inshore or off. Guess the captain will decide.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Putting a bottom job on the Blackfin and replacing the tilt/trim motor on the starboard side, hopefully all on saturday am with the help of some day laborers. Then tarpon or offshore sat pm and Sunday am. Partying in Offats on Sunday pm, and recovering Monday while wading somewhere, hopefully the surf. WIll be staying in Tiki this weekend.

Specklecatcher- Dove season doesn't open down south until the 24th.
Ernest, you still got that bimini for a donation to Bertram31.com? If you do, and its close to the width of the Blazer Bay or could be modified, I would be interested.-Tom

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tom - Still have the bimini - its as wide as the flybridge - maybe 7.5 feet or so, and I forget how tall it is relative to floor of the flybridge. Maybe 4.8 to 5.5 feet. I will have to look where it used to attach. Could be taller. I will see about measuring it this weekend.

Shawn - had a blast last Sunday. The Warden had announced early last week that Sunday was going to be HER day offshore - none of this ironman style fishing from 5 am to 8:30 p.m. She really wanted to work on her game, get some coaching, and practice backing down on rigs, holding in position, and setting up drifts over small spots.

Ultimately, we struck out on tarpon near shore in the morning, but had fun at the near shore rigs and hangs in the afternoon. She C&R'ed 10 ling in the 30 to 35 inch range on ten lb. test. She also got a big spanish and a bunch of break offs/bite offs. I ended up with a 38 inch ling, C&R'ed decent king on the troll, and a few undersized ling.

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
WTG! Nice to see the "warden" take a more active role in fishing, rather than just reeling them in all the time. She have a younger sister? (you know, since I'm just a baby:D)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts