2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody go out today? If so could you shed any light on how far the weedlines are?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
went out yesterday, to try trolling. It was fruitless-weeds scattered all over the place. A few patches from 2-40 miles out. The best patches were right off the Freeport jetties. A lot choppier than expected. Fishing wasn't all that great.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fishing report from Freeport.....

Headed out of Freeport early this morning. Ended up at the west 27's. Two huge storms to the west of me. Boomed in the distance for about 4 hours.

No solid weed line all the way out...just patches. Sabiki was fruitless.

Boxed a fourman limit of snapper. nothing worth all that gas! Had two 30-40lb ling just tease us for hours!

I tried everything but the gaff!

Headed in when the lightning bolts showed up. 6 miles in to the jetty and my Ficht begins to sputter.......hailed the coastguard on 16. They kept me company until I made it to the boat ramp. GOD bless the USA! I have seatow as a safeguard.

Cleaned the fish-boat-driving. Removed fuel filter in cowling and main fuel tank water separator. Dirt and water out the ying yang.

Exhausted and my neigbhor wants free fish!

Fishhog

·
HOLD UP ON THAT CARWASH, GENTLEMENS
596 Posts
None out of Matagorda. Went all the way out to the buoy and didn't see any til we got up to it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how far is the buoy from Matagorda?

I am 80 miles from Sugarland to Matagorda. How far is the 42019 Buoy to the Matagorda Harbor Marina?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Went out 60 miles out of POC on Weds and the weedlines were all broken up. Only small bits and pieces. Think the wind has ben coming out of too many different directions lately.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No storms off Galveston. Weedlines not too matted within 50 nm. Kind of small. still managed a few decent chickens and nice limits of snaps. NOthing huge, but solid keepers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts