2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went close to the end of the jetty and fished with free lined shrimp and live mullet close to the rocks with no luck. Went to cut mullet on the bottom, one large ray. At 10:00 am went to the hole at the end and caught only blacktips 3 to 3.5 feet. Fished with live bait freelined, with cut bait freelined and on the bottom. Dicided to catch a blacktip on my bass rod. That was fun. No reds, no jacks, no trout. I was surprised that I fished all day with the freelined mullet and nothing hit it. Still had fun, but what do you guys recomend I do to catch jacks or larger sharks. Thanks

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The bigger sharks will start to be more present as the water warms up

ar_mcadams said:
Went close to the end of the jetty and fished with free lined shrimp and live mullet close to the rocks with no luck. Went to cut mullet on the bottom, one large ray. At 10:00 am went to the hole at the end and caught only blacktips 3 to 3.5 feet. Fished with live bait freelined, with cut bait freelined and on the bottom. Dicided to catch a blacktip on my bass rod. That was fun. No reds, no jacks, no trout. I was surprised that I fished all day with the freelined mullet and nothing hit it. Still had fun, but what do you guys recomend I do to catch jacks or larger sharks. Thanks

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
North Jetty

ar_mcadams,
I fished the North 3 times last week and Tuesday was best. Monday produces nothing. Tuesday brought 2 keeper Reds and a 43" Bull Red to be posted later and a big Bat-Ray that I thought/hoped was another Ling from the Jetty. (Caught a 38" last year from that same spot)
Thursday produced nada. Slow, but happy to be fishing.

The Reds came on Shrimp and the big stuff came on Mullet cast-netted while passing thru. No Sharks though.

Bernard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts