2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Its easy to grin when your ship comes in
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buoyweather is calling for 3' seas at 4 second intervals with some 4's mixed in for Saturday (50 miles south of F-port) and here is the synopsis from the nws:

.SYNOPSIS FOR HIGH ISLAND TO MATAGORDA SHIP CHANNEL OUT 60 NM...

A WEAK PRESSURE GRADIENT WILL KEEP WINDS LIGHT THROUGH THE

WEEKEND. DAYTIME HEATING SHOULD PRODUCE WEAK SEA BREEZE

CIRCULATIONS EACH AFTERNOON. RAIN CHANCES WILL INCREASE RAPIDLY

OVER THE WEEKEND AS CARIBBEAN MOISTURE SURGES TOWARD TEXAS. THE

HOLIDAY WEEKEND IS LOOKING RATHER STORMY AND WIND AND SEAS WILL BE

HIGHER IN AND NEAR THUNDERSTORMS.

Looking interesting for sure. What are your guys doing Saturday-monday?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Sounds great for us,, 3 to 4 foot seas will have some 5`s in it , no a good weekend foir the potlicking though

·
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am thinking about doing a reasonably close to port shore Saturday (15-30 miles out only as it stands) but the finger is on the eject button. I do need 1 more for crew if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
manintheboat said:
I am thinking about doing a reasonably close to port shore Saturday (15-30 miles out only as it stands) but the finger is on the eject button. I do need 1 more for crew if anyone is interested.
let's watch it close...I still need a realignment from the futile attempt to go out Watermelon wknd.

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
I might go messing around on Sun out of Galveston with the kids. I think I am going to take notes on all the potlicking and chum slick jumpers and see what a count I get. LOL
Woops I just had a brain fart I think I will take a loaf of bread for the boys to feed the sea gulls if you get to close...LOL gosh I am killing myself today :rotfl:

No for real if you see us out come by and say hi ..... let me know where the fish are and I will go catch a few with the boys.

joker

·
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pat P said:
let's watch it close...I still need a realignment from the futile attempt to go out Watermelon wknd.
yeah, but this time we will be in my trusty, smooth riding catamaran instead of that old, bulky, uncomfortable, back-breaking 50' viking that you had to endure. LOL.

·
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Everytime the forcast updates, it gets a little worse for this weekend. Buoyweather is now calling for "breezy, whitecapping conditions" with winds up to 15 knots. That usually spells trouble.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts